Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2016, 11:32 AM   #16
beachboybogart
Connoisseur
beachboybogart doesn't litterbeachboybogart doesn't litterbeachboybogart doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura, and older devices lounging in my bookcase.
That really is slow, compared to mine. Mine has slowed but I put it down to having a bunch of sideloaded books. Since you did a factory reset, that certainly wouldn't be an issue. And you already have the original firmware, so other suggestions are not going to help... I will be looking forward to seeing if there is an answer to your problem.
beachboybogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:52 PM   #17
Pascualus
Pascualus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroReader View Post
Actually it doesnt feel snappier... Will do a video later today
It always wants me to update when i reset it. But I guess I guess I could disable wifi and let it stay on the original firmware.
I have an Kobo Aura and I also think the same thought as with other models used master disc sd card replacing it it would solve but just the aura kobo doesn't have internal sd. Tell me when to go looking for text or page? as it plays Please could you upload some other video of how it operates?
Pascualus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #18
EuroReader
EuroReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
It is still very slow, no change. Now I am even having problems doing a hard reset. Only soft reset works :-(

I will try to update via USB cable instead but I am beginning to suspect this might be a hardware problem. Problem persists even before the SW update.
EuroReader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, kobo, slow