Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #121
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
My goal this year is to keep reading! I'd like to read a minimum of one book a week. I've decided not to add any additional challenges . *Yeah, I know, I've said that before.

I will be updating my progress on my post in the The 2014 Annual Reading Challenge List Thread!.

My list and reviews will also be on my 2014 shelf on GoodReads.

As of January 1st 2014, My main challenges are as follows:

Goal: 52 books this year. 1 book a week.
Goal: The Flights of Fantasy* Series Challenge (This is an annual, self paced, self scored challenge where you earn points for catching up on or finishing whole series)
~Series Challenge Goal: One Series Book Every Month

I am also participating in the first Flights of Fantasy* monthly challenge. These are task oriented challenges where you select the goal that you want to reach (IE: the number of books you'd like to read this month), and complete specific tasks in order to reach that goal.
January's = Resolution Challenge.

*Flights of Fantasy is an open Speculative Fiction (Fantasy, Science Fiction, Horror, etc.) themed book club at GoodReads.
So here's what I've finally gotten myself into! I'm still reading my first book of the year The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which I really should have finished yesterday.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #122
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
So here's what I've finally gotten myself into! I'm still reading my first book of the year The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which I really should have finished yesterday.
You'll never make up that time. You've failed your challenge already.

You're doomed.

....ooooomed.
....oooomed.
....oomed.

DOOMED!!

Man. It seems this idea has been done before, without me knowing.

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-22-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #123
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post

You're doomed.

....ooooomed.
....oooomed.
....oomed.

DOOMED!!

Old 01-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #124
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
That's what I like to see - encouragement!

I'm pretty hopeless too as I am only about 50 pages into my first book of the year. While we have some cooler weather I am getting some weeding and pruning done. There's a garden out there somewhere beneath it all.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #125
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:

You're doomed.

....ooooomed.
....oooomed.
....oomed.

DOOMED!!

Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2014, 01:18 AM   #126
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Quote:

You're doomed.

....ooooomed.
....oooomed.
....oomed.

DOOMED!!

Ha! Your doomsday prophecy has failed, as I have completed my first mission!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #127
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ha! Your doomsday prophecy has failed, as I have completed my first mission!
Huh? What? Oh, wait.

*dig dig*
*find default evil sentence*
*dig dig*

Ah, here it is.

"I'll get you next time! NEXT TIME! MWHUAHAHA!!"

(Damn. They cut off my evil laugh.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-03-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #128
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Finished my first book this year
Coraline by Neil Gaiman. Enjoyed it immensely like all his other works
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #129
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I had read like a demon and finished two very short books. It will balance out in the end, but it's nice to be onto country number three already. I might escape North America by the end of the month.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #130
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
I'm closing in on finishing my first book of the year. 75% through Honor Harrington book #2.
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #131
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Same here: page 298 of 407 of Ilse Witch
Old 01-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #132
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Huh? What? Oh, wait.

*dig dig*
*find default evil sentence*
*dig dig*

Ah, here it is.

"I'll get you next time! NEXT TIME! MWHUAHAHA!!"

(Damn. They cut off my evil laugh.)
And now the Inspector Gadget theme song will be stuck in my head all day ... I see what you did there! *shakes fist!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #133
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
Finished my first book this year
Coraline by Neil Gaiman. Enjoyed it immensely like all his other works
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I had read like a demon and finished two very short books. It will balance out in the end, but it's nice to be onto country number three already. I might escape North America by the end of the month.
Excellent! Congratulations to both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
I'm closing in on finishing my first book of the year. 75% through Honor Harrington book #2.
Yay! Yes, Weber rarely states in one sentence what he can state in five!
In all seriousness, though, I do hope you enjoy the book and the series.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #134
Tizzalicious
Connoisseur
Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad 2, iPhone 5
Oh no Nyssa, doomed indeed! How can you possibly not have finished a book yet, it's been 3 days already!

I'm at 76% of War & Peace, slowly but steadily getting there!

I should finished my 2nd book of the year tonight though (Allegiant by Veronica Roth). I guess things will slow down a lot when I open my shop again on Monday though.
Tizzalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #135
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Three days in, three books down--but I'm already struggling with my resolve to spend a lot less on reading this year (new overall severe budget constraints, not just in this area, so there's nowhere to shift additional funds from). I'm a series reader by nature, with plenty of "first in a series" books in my TBR pile to choose from, but then it's tough not to be able to just buy the next book in the set!

Grumble grumble grumble...

Off to contemplate my TBRs and see if anything looks particularly interesting. Maybe a long epic fantasy won't make me feel so deprived. LOL
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote