Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
Iam not referring to the buttons pictures in #11 - I agree they work,

I am taking about the square box BELOW where I am currently typing - do I have to provide a screen shot ? as per this list of what I see on screen:
You can't use one without the other. Hover your mouse over the reply button in the attachment and read what it says. If not for the button Alex pointed out the box you want checked would have to read your mind. Of course as Adoby pointed out if there is only one post in the thread then you can use it the way you describe, because there is only one post to use as a reply quote.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-27-2013 at 08:25 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #17
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i would expect it to default to refering to the most recent message. Maybe things would be clearer if it were not there at all as I seemt o be the only person who
a) has any desire to use it ( you guys all use the other methods)
b) am the only guy who has trouble with it

enough for now though. I get what some of you are all saying.- that if I arrive back at ths thread, start typing in the quick replay box without clicking any other boxes, then it is only tickable on single message threads
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #18
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
update:
still not gettign it.

I searched around for a thread with just 1 message & no replies. I still was not able to tick the box ???

here is my test thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220978

i cannot tick the "quote message in reply" box ,either before or after typing in some quick reply text in the message box

so one of the above theories of how that tick box works /why that tick box exists Bites the dust ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
If you press the far right button, in any message in the thread, you will find yourself in the Quick Reply compose box. And also the option to "Quote message in reply?" will be available.

I am not sure why the usual quote box wouldn't suffice, but still, it seems to work as intended.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Is there a users guide about how to use all the features here?
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
Is there a users guide about how to use all the features here?
Not for the current forum software. But it's a good suggestion and we'll make one once we migrated to a more modern solution.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
update:
still not gettign it.

I searched around for a thread with just 1 message & no replies. I still was not able to tick the box ???

here is my test thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220978

i cannot tick the "quote message in reply" box ,either before or after typing in some quick reply text in the message box

so one of the above theories of how that tick box works /why that tick box exists Bites the dust ?
I agree, the quick reply box has a quote button but it does not work. This forum is heavily modified customized code that will be replaced in the near future. I doubt if there is a compelling reason to fix this.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote