Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Re: noob question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper
Hi geekmaster ,

Sorry for the dumb question ,

But ,

Could you please explain me better on how to acess the kindle touch from a windows-pc by usbnetwork ?

I fooled around for some threads , but I didn´t find an answer that I could understand...
- my fault , I know -

But ,

Could you at least help me on find the best thread about this ?

thanks...
jailbreak, then install the simple usbnetwork hack (from the Touch hacking wiki, which you can find in the K5 master index).

Set the host PC USBnet (RNDIS) interface to manually assigned 192.168.15.201, and use PuTTY to SSH into the kindle at 192.168.15.244.
Hi geekmaster ,

i tried to install in as rdnis on xp by using a linux.inf i got from a post here.

that got into this :

I could not connect usbnetwork from putty ;

else , KT restarted and got into usb mode ;

i ejected it , all the gui entries under launcher had gone - or became unssessible somehow -

ok

i tried to restart it few times , and nothing about the launcher ...

what i have here now is ;

how to get launchr working again and ;

how to launch terminal without launcher ?

apreciate your help ! thanks
Others can help you if you post this to a thread. I will copy it there now...

Sorry, but I do not have more time at the moment. Can somebody provide some information and links to help here? Thanks.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
thats allright ,

I never know what is the fare measure for what should be private or public , forums have too much rules and guidelines ... really confuses me sometimes ...

If I could just invoque a "sintax monster" pretty sure he could get all this data mess into strict information .... lol ....

Ok , someone will say about FAQs and WIKIs

all right ... maybe I´m just a bad englisher.
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
There is a link for an RNDIS driver in the K4 hacking wiki:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...ng_root_access

It will work for any kindle.

You can use it in the (rare) case that windows does not automatically install it.

Try that one and report back here with your results...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote