Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-24-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
<br/> tags all left justified?

All of a sudden, my <br/> tags are not following the text-align property for the <p> tag they are in. For example, if I have a paragraph that is right aligned, and I break it thus: "Sincerely yours<br/>Jane Doe<br/>Your greatest fan</p>, then "Sincerely yours" and "Jane Doe" are right aligned but "Your greatest fan" is left aligned. Same for centered paragraphs. This happens both with kepubs as well as epubs, and for epub2 and epub3. Is this new behavior? Are there any workarounds (that preferably don't involve modifying every single CSS file in my library)?

Edited to add: I am using a Kobo Forma on firmware 4.21.15015. Everything looks ok in Sigil and Calibre. It's just the Forma that is ignoring the text-align property of the <p> it belongs to.

Last edited by icallaci; 05-24-2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added firmware version
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What format are the books on the Kobo? What driver and version are you using of both calibre and the driver.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What format are the books on the Kobo? What driver and version are you using of both calibre and the driver.
I've tried both kepub and epub. Both show the same problem. I use the KoboTouchExtended driver (with Kobo Extended Features both checked and unchecked). Firmware 4.21.15015 on the Kobo. Calibre v.4.17.

Oh, and I am using the following patches on the Forma:
1. Don't uppercase header/footer font
2. Enable advanced settings for all fonts
3. My 24 line spacing values
4. Unforce link decoration in KePubs
5. Set font scale factor
6. Reduce new header/footer height
Old 05-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #4
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I can't replacate on unpached firmware. Can you attach a sample file, (and a screenshot?)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
icallaci
Guru

I went back to stock firmware, without the patches, and still have the problem. Will try to upload a screen shot when I get back home later today.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:49 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@icallaci,

This sounds a bit like another problem I saw reported (but not solved) with <br/>, (in the KoboTouchExtended thread, I think).

What options (other than 'Enable Extended Kobo Features') do you have checked in the KTE driver config 'Extended' tab?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #7
icallaci
Guru

The only other option I have checked in the Extended tab is "Use Full Book Page Numbers."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@icallaci,

This sounds a bit like another problem I saw reported (but not solved) with <br/>, (in the KoboTouchExtended thread, I think).

What options (other than 'Enable Extended Kobo Features') do you have checked in the KTE driver config 'Extended' tab?
Old 05-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #8
icallaci
Guru

I've attached a screenshot of the problem. Notice that "Rodric" is on the left. This is happening with multiple books.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	112
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	179485

Last edited by icallaci; 05-24-2020 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #9
icallaci
Guru

Aha! jackie_w, you are on to something. I disabled the KoboTouchExtended driver and tried uploading the same book using the KoboTouch 2.5.1 driver (by David Forrester) and the problem is solved. Thank you. At least I know it's not something I'm doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@icallaci,

Old 05-24-2020, 08:12 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Aha! jackie_w, you are on to something. I disabled the KoboTouchExtended driver and tried uploading the same book using the KoboTouch 2.5.1 driver (by David Forrester) and the problem is solved. Thank you. At least I know it's not something I'm doing.
You might also want to try converting to kepub using kepubify and see if the issue is still seen.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:40 PM   #11
icallaci
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might also want to try converting to kepub using kepubify and see if the issue is still seen.
I'll give that a try when I get some time, but it's not really a big deal now that I know I'm not causing the problem. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:54 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have just posted a beta for the extended driver that should fix this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:52 PM   #13
icallaci
Guru

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know.

Edited to add: Bingo! It's fixed. Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just posted a beta for the extended driver that should fix this.

Last edited by icallaci; 05-24-2020 at 11:04 PM.