Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-19-2009, 02:59 AM   #1
naveed_csuet
naveed_csuet began at the beginning.

Device: EL-1000
Thumbs down epub

Kindly tell me how to read epub file in WinCE??????
naveed_csuet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
There's supposed to be a version of Zulu Reader that's for some versions of CE according to this thread...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32551

The website is www.zuluexpress.com but appears down right now. The developer is also a member here, username ondabeach.

Zulu is for non-DRM'd ePubs. If you're looking for a way to read DRM'd ePubs you can't AFAIK. You'd have to remove the DRM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The other way is to use MS Reader, or eReader or MobiPocket Reader or uBook after converting the ePub off-line using Calibre or Windows MobiPocket Reader.

See DRAFT - A Beginner's Guide to WinCE Ebook Reader Software
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
naveed_csuet

I have checked this link, but it is for reading HTML, pdf files and some others.

I want to read epub files in WinCE?
Is there any built in tool to read epub files?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:10 AM   #5
naveed_csuet

if there is not any built in reader for epub files for WinCE,
Then how I can do it????

Thanks for your kind considerations...
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveed_csuet View Post
if there is not any built in reader for epub files for WinCE,
Then how I can do it?
Calibre (has its own forum here) can convert between a wide range of ebook formats. If your ePubs have DRM (encryption) you will have to first remove the DRM. Once you have a DRM-free ePub, Calibre can convert it to an ebook format you have a reader for.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
naveed_csuet

Kindly Sir, how I can know DRM (encryption) in ePub format and how to remove it, because I am newly assigned worked on ePub format
????
Old 10-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #8
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
If you purchased the ePub files using the Adobe Digital Editions program, they are probably encrypted. In order to remove the DRM to read them with another program, you'll need to find the Adobe Inept script to use with Python program. (It's a complicated process, and the forum rules require that we not go into detail about it.)

However, if you can read the ePub files on a program like Stanza, or with Calibre (which are both free downloads that work for Windows, but don't run on WinCE), then you can use a program to convert the ePub into a .lit file.

I believe Mobipocket software and Calibre will both convert to .mobi format, which can be read on WinCE with Mobipocket's reader. (You could also convert to Palm EReader, but there's no reason to do so.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:25 AM   #9
naveed_csuet

I have checked by converting ePub files to others formats like HTML, txt, lit, pdf, pdb by ABC Amber ePub Converter. Then opened this file in WinCE device.

But the problem is this I want to open ePub files directly in WinCE device. Because if user put ePub files in Storage Card of WinCE device and he want to see it, he must not need to convert first to other formats than he will be able to see it in the device.
kindly understand the exact problem and suggest me well!
???
Old 10-20-2009, 03:34 AM   #10
Grauheim
Enthusiast
Grauheim doesn't litterGrauheim doesn't litterGrauheim doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Opus; HTC TyTN II
The solution has been explained above - strip the DRM, then use Zulu Express to read on your WinCE device. You'll have to be more explicit about what you didn't understand...
Grauheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:54 AM   #11
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveed_csuet View Post
I have checked by converting ePub files to others formats like HTML, txt, lit, pdf, pdb by ABC Amber ePub Converter. Then opened this file in WinCE device.

But the problem is this I want to open ePub files directly in WinCE device. Because if user put ePub files in Storage Card of WinCE device and he want to see it, he must not need to convert first to other formats than he will be able to see it in the device.
kindly understand the exact problem and suggest me well!
???
naveed, Let me try to explain this in a simple manner:

1) There is no way to read DRM'd EPUBs directly in windows CE. You will have to strip the DRM first and then load it on the WinCE device.

2) If the Epub files are not DRM'd then you can use Zulureader software: http://www.zuluexpress.com/ZuluMobile.aspx
Install that and you should be able to read EPUB files (non DRM'd) without needing to do any conversions.
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:07 AM   #12
naveed_csuet

Thanks all of you, now I have got it...
Old 10-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #13
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
Talking

ZuluReader will run on CE devices, there is a CAB download for CE on the site www.zuluexpress.com. Zulureader will only read DRM free epubs though. What device do you have? ZR was developed for small display devices, 640x480 or less but I have people testing it on large screen (1024x768) CE devices and I am working with them to make ZR suitable for all screen sizes. If you have any problems installing or using ZR you can email me at stevedales@gmail.com.
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Firefox can't find the server at www.zuluexpress.com.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #15
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Firefox can't find the server at www.zuluexpress.com.
My Firefox can.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote