Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
sarah11918
Edge User

Forum help - can't stay logged in

After changing my password, it seems I can barely stay logged in on the forum. I've lost 3 messages now I've tried to submit, only to be told I'm not logged in.

Is there any other setting I could have inadvertently changed when changing my password?

Thanks!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
Snow
Edge User

Did you change your password for the forums or your password for www.entourageedge.com?

Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
sarah11918
Edge User

I changed both, actually. And they are different. Would it be easier if they are the same?

Old 08-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
Snow
Edge User

Thinking about this more, changing your password shouldn't affect anything. Did you switch to a different browser? The forums shouldn't sign out but www.entourageedge.com will after a period of time

Old 08-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User

You're doing this from the edge, right? I had similar problems with the forum and the store. The Browser tends to cache things rather aggressively. I had to delete all cookies and history, and then it got better.

Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
sarah11918
Edge User

a. Did not switch to a different browser - still using Chrome (Mac OS X)

b. Doing this from Macbook

If I leave the site for a short period of time and return, I'm no longer logged in. (Don't remember that being a problem before.) Some posts work fine, but sometimes I'll submit a reply only to be told I'm not logged in.

I can always try deleting cookies/history, but truth be told I'm kind of a history junkie so it's kind of traumatic for me to lose it.

I haven't tried doing this from the edge extensively. I suppose that would give me more information as to whether it's a browser issue. I'll report back if I have more info. In the mean time, I just have to remember to copy my text before hitting submit, just in case.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
walt526
Edge User

I had the same problem on another vBulletin forum a while back. I reinstalled Firefox and that seemed to do it. That was Windows 7 64bit, not Mac OS (not sure if that is relevant).

Old 08-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Snow
Edge User

Quote:
My experience with enTourage website problems is that deleting this stuff always fixes the problem.
That hurts Boris, that really hurts

Old 08-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
sarah11918
Edge User

FWIW, I'm getting the "login recycle of doom" on the cruisecritic.com forum site, so it must be cookies/temp. internet files or browser issues as it's not just this board. I haven't bothered to try other browsers and do other such testing to isolate the problem, but it looks like it's not just the EE forum.

I've been going through all my LastPass saved passwords, duplicate entries and generating unique and secure passwords for a variety of sites, so I'm sure my browser feels like it's had the rug pulled out from under it with all these changes to sites I normally visit.

EDIT: although interestingly enough, while CC kept insisting that I needed to resubmit login information and wouldn't forward me off the login page, when I just went to the forum main page instead of submitting user/password, I was in fact logged in and everything was fine. Oh the joy of browsers!

Last edited by sarah11918; 08-03-2010 at 10:21 PM.