Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 AM   #151
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Yay! Installed fine on windows, able to download library books directly into Sony software without even having ADE installed on this computer. One less hassle and now I can sync library books in their own category.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:45 AM   #152
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Is anyone else having this problem? I download the ebook library software and it all went well but the book cover pictures are all fuzzy and out of focus. Is anyone else book covers when looking at it in the Thumbnail View out of focus?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:58 AM   #153
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy View Post
Yay! Installed fine on windows, able to download library books directly into Sony software without even having ADE installed on this computer. One less hassle and now I can sync library books in their own category.
OMG that sounds like heaven. You've just given me a great reason to install the software.

Did you need your ADE ID or anything?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:02 AM   #154
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Is anyone else having this problem? I download the ebook library software and it all went well but the book cover pictures are all fuzzy and out of focus. Is anyone else book covers when looking at it in the Thumbnail View out of focus?
Yep. I was just looking at fuzzy thumbnails on the Mac version here!
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #155
rhewes
rhewes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Just grabbed the Mac version - quite excited if it works, good bye boot camp partition.
rhewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #156
spinoza
spinoza began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iPhone, MacBook Pro
Well, I installed 3.0 on my Mac last night, and with only a minor glitch in it initially not being able to read the SD card on my PRS-505, everything seems to be working great. I was able to register the copy of eBook Library without problems, and smoothly transferred the some 150 books on my Reader with nary a hiccup. It's really terrific to finally be able to get all this working on my Mac, and to be able to manage my Reader natively in a Mac environment.

The UI appears to work more smoothly than the older PC version, and I actually like the book Viewer better than Calibre's viewer. The whole thing has more of an Adobe Digital Editions feel to it, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Adobe folks worked closely with Sony (who have never been good with software) to make 3.0 more polished and user-friendly. This is not to imply that Adobe's software is good by any means, but it is a more polished piece of primitive software than Sony's 2.x version.

Well, at least for Mac users I feel we are slowly moving out of the Early Stone Age of ebook culture, and (finally) entering a less primitive Late Stone Age. We still have a long ways to go to invent the wheel, but at least we now have fire. If only Apple would enter the fray, that would quickly get us over to a more civilized Neolithic era of ebook development!

Here's how it looks after transferring over my books:

spinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #157
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza View Post
Here's how it looks after transferring over my books:
My install went smoothly also on my Vista PC, but my thumbnails are also fuzzy, not clear as yours are.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #158
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
My install went smoothly also on my Vista PC, but my thumbnails are also fuzzy, not clear as yours are.

WDE.
Maybe it has to do with the lack of quality in thumbnails in LRF's?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #159
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
My Mac install went smoothly. The one problem I have is when I plug in my 505, the software does not fully recognize it. It shows the icon in the left side menu but instead of being labeled "reader" it has the label "error" and I am unable to see the contents of my reader. Any suggestions?
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #160
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Maybe it has to do with Vista being awful?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #161
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

WDE.
Exactly the same for me.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #162
DigitalFeonix
DigitalFeonix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
My Mac install went smoothly. The one problem I have is when I plug in my 505, the software does not fully recognize it. It shows the icon in the left side menu but instead of being labeled "reader" it has the label "error" and I am unable to see the contents of my reader. Any suggestions?
I have the same issue. My SD card showed fine, but the internal memory showed as "Error". Tried numerous things to resolve it. Was online with the chat support. They referred me to their phone support at (877)263-2863. Haven't called yet.

Digging into the system.log with console and looking at the installer log, it appears the sony_prs.kext failed to load properly.

Mac OS X 10.4.11, Dual G4 1.25 GHz, 2 GB RAM
DigitalFeonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #163
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
This happens to me every once in a while on my Mac. What works for me is to plug in my reader BEFORE I start the sony software. Not sure why that makes a difference but it always solves the problem when it happens to me.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #164
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
This happens to me every once in a while on my Mac. What works for me is to plug in my reader BEFORE I start the sony software. Not sure why that makes a difference but it always solves the problem when it happens to me.
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that did not work either. I have, thus far, rebooted the reader, reinstalled the 3.0 software, tried different USB ports, tried connecting the reader before and after starting the library software, deleted Calibre, and formatted my Reader. All of this to no avail.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #165
Dura74
Dura74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader 505
Quote:
Installed Sony eBook Library 3.0.00.08240_MAC on my G3 Mac running last version of OS X Tiger. The application opens, shows a series of menus. Nothing else. No window(s), nothing. Menus appear not to work - except for quit.
Any other reports?
Hello, I have the same problem on my mac 10.5.8

Waiting for sony to fix the software....

Last edited by Dura74; 08-26-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Dura74 is offline   Reply With Quote