Notices

Old 02-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
mdbenoit
Enthusiast
mdbenoit began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire 71
Just found mobileread!

Hello,

My name is M. D. Benoit and I just found mobileread, which looks like a cool place to be and to learn.

I am the published SF Mystery author of the Jack Meter Case File Series. My first book, 'Til the Fat Lady Sings (now out of print because the publisher went belly-up) was published as an ebook only, in 2000.

Since then, I've been a strong advocate of ebooks and e-material. As many might have suggested, the ebook world is suffering from lack of standardization and costly readers, but I firmly believe it's getting better and more exciting.

So I'm glad to be here, and looking forward to joining in forum discussions.

M. D.
mdbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Glad you found us! Don't forget to go digging in past threads on topics you like also, or by using search. A lot of interesting stuff here.

Your books look intriguing. Looks like some paper ones are available at Amazon and the Metered Space e-book at Fictionwise...
http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/MDBenoiteBooks.htm.

If anyone picks one up, let us know how you like it!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome, mdbenoit! Bob's found one of your books, are there others floating around somewhere in the æther that we should check out?

First I couldn't find many e-texts I wanted to read, now I'm suddenly flooded with them!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Glad you found us, MD. It's fun to see more and more authors joining MobileRead with interest in e-books and e-book readers. I see that as a good sign!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Be careful, very careful around here.

You visit mobileread once, then next week, then in three days again ... And before you know what hit you, you suffer from withdrawal symptoms if you do not visit the forum at least twice a day ;-)

Welcome abroad M. D.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
I was wondering...
Since your first book is not available anymore, are you planning to release it under some Creative Commons license ? It's a nice way for an author to find some new readers, and since your readers won't be able to buy this book anyway...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome. We do try to support our own. I found "Lambs Hide, Tigers Seek" by Steve Jordan from a link in the signature block of one of his posts here at MobileRead.

Please check out Hadrien's FeedBooks site. They do a nice job with very small learning curve for the user. Many of us would be interested in the outcome.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Bienvenue Mme Benoit!

Avez-vous gardé vos racines Francophones?

It's good to have authors around the site. If there were more, the advent of the popularity of ebooks would come sooner.

Welcome aboard and hope you come here often.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:02 AM   #9
mdbenoit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Welcome, mdbenoit! Bob's found one of your books, are there others floating around somewhere in the æther that we should check out?

First I couldn't find many e-texts I wanted to read, now I'm suddenly flooded with them!
Metered Space is the only one right now, but my publisher assures me that the sequel, Meter Made, will be up there soon.

In addition, I have another novel coming out next month, entitled Synergy (about genetic warfare in 2096), which will probably go up simultaneously as e and pbooks.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 AM   #10
mdbenoit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Bienvenue Mme Benoit!

Avez-vous gardé vos racines Francophones?

It's good to have authors around the site. If there were more, the advent of the popularity of ebooks would come sooner.

Welcome aboard and hope you come here often.
Bien sûr, yvanleterrible! Je parle français à la maison et toute ma famille est francophone. Je viens d'une petite ville des Laurentides, au Québec.

As I said in another thread, I've always been an ebook proponent. Until recently, I was the president of the Canadian eAuthors Association, and Association dedicated to promoting ebooks and Authors published in electronic format. The advent of Print-on-Demand (POD) has changed the publishing landscape radically, however (something for another post), so CeA has been revived as Canadian Authors (see our blog, http://cauthors.wordpress.com ).

Right now, I'm getting ready for Read and ebook week, from March 4-10. We'll have prizes, giveaways, contests, etc. Lots of fun.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #11
mdbenoit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien
I was wondering...
Since your first book is not available anymore, are you planning to release it under some Creative Commons license ? It's a nice way for an author to find some new readers, and since your readers won't be able to buy this book anyway...
I was smarter than that It's been republished unter the new title Metered Space. I found a new publisher for it, who bought the whole series. Next one to hit the ebook stands will be Meter Made.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #12
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbenoit
I was smarter than that It's been republished unter the new title Metered Space. I found a new publisher for it, who bought the whole series. Next one to hit the ebook stands will be Meter Made.
OK. It's really interesting to have writers around here. Publishing new books as e-books is still an issue for some, so if we could get an inside look at what's happening between publishers and authors...
Science-Fiction authors are the one doing the jump first, I guess that we'll see Fantasy and all kind of geeky stuff afterwards ? Since geeks are the first to buy new tech-devices, they should be the best crowd to target first.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #13
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:

Right now, I'm getting ready for Read and ebook week, from March 4-10. We'll have prizes, giveaways, contests, etc. Lots of fun.
Please tell us more! Put it in a new thread such as news!

Have you taken a more popular action such as giving the organization a physical presence in book fairs such as Le Salon du Livre de Montréal. If so, I would be glad to participate in some way.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #14
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Metered Space is available at Fictionwise.com
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote