Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #871
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That's nice! Very good website you have there. I just purchased That Undiscovered Country audiobook in iTunes. I'm at that age where I really enjoy tales of tough old birds.
Heh. When it was originally released, the Baen staff billed that story as "Old folks kick butt in space." It's a pretty accurate description.

Many thanks for the purchase, and I hope you like the audiobook as much as you like the web site.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #872
khamelink
Author & Reader
khamelink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well, why am I just discovering this forum? lol. Hi guys!! Wow

Well I am an author from Uganda and I'm on just about every social media network possible(to promote my books/publishing). I really tried to cover all bases lol.

This is my blog where I review books, talk about my own two (romance) novels and also how IT can help authors:
melissakyeyunebooks.blogspot.com

[commercial services promotions deleted - MODERATOR]

I'm also on Google+, Amazon, Facebook, Goodreads under 'Melissa Kyeyune'. Twitter handle is 'melissakeys'.

Thanx for this opportunity to shamelessly throw all this out haha.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-30-2012 at 03:45 PM.
khamelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #873
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Golden Stories for mobile phones and tablets

Monthly update
I've added 5 children stories and 7 general stories to the site.

If you are a Rudyard Kipling fan, try 'Just So Stories' -- a collection of children stories about animals and phenomena. I like many of the drawings in the book. In the General section, 'A Golden Venture' by W.W. Jacobs can be a good read while riding the train. It's a short story about two men chasing after a woman rumored to have inherited a fortune.

In the Best Picks section, 'The Aesop for Children' contains many well known fables such as The Hare And The Tortoise, together with lots of beautiful pictures. I also like 'In Secret' which is a story about a young, beautiful cryptographer uncovering the great secret of the Germans to conquer France during the war.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #874
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I posted the first chapter of my upcoming book on my blog:

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2012/09/...chapter-1.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #875
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Science fiction conspiracy thriller? Yes please!!
Check out my latest review of Michael R. Hicks' Season of the Harvest.

http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/1...chael-r-hicks/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #876
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And here we go again. A new review up - this time for Steampunk offering, The Whitechapel Gambit by Marcin Wrona.

Have a read: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/1...-marcin-wrona/
Old 10-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #877
Bennorca
Bennorca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Reader
Well, as I see this is an English-language page. I am afraid my e-books (with the exception of one trilingual book: "As a man thinketh" by James Allen, that is in English, German and Spanish) are in German. No, wait: I have a bilingual version of Genevieve Behrend's book "Your invisible power" (about the art of visualization). That said: my online shop is http://i-buxshop.com - and I am on Kindle as well.
Cheers from Europe!
Benno
Bennorca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #878
andrewburt
Science Fiction Writer
andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: several
For those looking for inspiration -- or want to help others who are -- there's a page on my Critters workshop site for sharing story ideas. The "Story Idea Seed Garden" is at: http://critters.org/ideas.ht

I've just migrated the comments from an old comment system that went defunct (#!*@%!) so things may be a bit out of order, but the ideas should still be clear enough. Anyone is free to grab ideas there and run with them.
andrewburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #879
andrewburt
Science Fiction Writer
andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: several
Survey time! How do you like your trilogies?

This probably belongs here since it's a link to an offsite survey: I'm running a short survey on reading habits for trilogies at:

http://reanimus.com/trilogysurvey

It's only a couple questions, won't take but a few seconds. It's a followup to a thread on the forums here; I started this version since I couldn't get a sense of the actual numbers from just text answers. This survey is also getting responses from folks in the Critters workshop and elsewhere, so it's broader than a few comments. Should be interesting. (At least, I think it is.)
andrewburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #880
Ed Foundation
Ed Foundation began at the beginning.

Used Kindles for Schools?

I'm writing on behalf of the teachers of the Pleasant Ridge Union School District - they have asked for Kindles/Nooks in order to help engage those K-8 students who are falling behind in reading. So far we haven't been able to get them any new e-readers, and I was hoping to start a program that donates used Kindles and Nooks to schools. You can read about the e-reader program at our Education Foundation website: http://www.pleasantridgeeducationfoundation.org. If anyone out there wants to make a teacher's day by donating their used Kindle, you can send it to Pleasant Ridge Education Foundation, 13440 Countryside Ranch Rd, Grass Valley, CA 95949.

I hope this works!!
Ed Foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #881
caleb72
Indie Advocate

My latest review is up. This one starts during the second world war, but continues into post-war Palestine. A drama and a romance.

Have a read: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/1...liam-e-thomas/
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #882
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Hello

Here's another blog post to help you sleep. http://wp.me/pJIxY-aG it's for #the next best thing which is doing the rounds. Unfortunately it's about my books (yawn). There are links to five varied and excellent authors at the end though. ;-)

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-17-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Condensed URL expanded
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #883
vrajmohan
vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.vrajmohan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Nook
epubs of the classics

I have created a project (http://www.flagadoo.com/epubs-of-the-classics/) to create pretty epub books of the classics from the text sources in Project Gutenberg. Essentially, I am focusing on:
1. Pretty quotes
2. em and en dashes
3. italics
4. chunking one chapter per HTML file.

I would appreciate any feedback from you.
vrajmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #884
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
... ...

Last edited by chrisanthropic; 01-12-2020 at 01:12 PM.
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #885
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm a guest poster at http://www.ismellsheep.com today. Swing by and check out my post - Why I Use Fiction to Mirror Reality
I am also having a giveaway of my novel, DRAKE ELDORADO: DISTORTION, Book 1 in the series.

Thanks for checking it out!
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing