Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
southcot
southcot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Bad database location

I installed Calibre without any problem a few days ago. Today when I open it I get an error (I tried upgrading to calibre 0.6.51 but nothing changed):-

Code:
ERROR: Bad database location: Bad database location://DC01/users/My-User-Name/My Documents/E-Books

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 517, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 126, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 200, in initialize_dynamic
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 221, in last_modified
WindowsError: [Error 1816] Not enough quota is available to process this command: 
'//DC01/users/My-User-Name/My Documents/E-Books\\metadata.db'
I am using Windows 7 and active directory is configured to use custom folders for Desktop and My_Documents at //DC01/users/User-Name/.

There are no quotas on the folders and there is 15.4 GB of space available on DC01. Windows 7 is set with folder syncing off.

//DC01/users/My-User-Name/My Documents/E-Books is 20.8 MB.

Charlie
southcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by southcot View Post
I installed Calibre without any problem a few days ago. Today when I open it I get an error (I tried upgrading to calibre 0.6.51 but nothing changed):-
You're the first I've seen report this error. I don't know if this will help but you might want to read this or this. The first question Isn't like yours but does involve the same error and some of the proposed solutions might help you zero in on the trouble.

If you don't have a virus or just removed a virus then my money is on this solution working.
On the Disk Usage tab, click Change Limits and increase both “Maximum amount of space all offline files can use:” and “Maximum amount of space temporary offline files can use:” and click OK.
If that solution or those links don't help Google is your friend.

Update: I forgot, by your description of when it happened, I'm 99% sure this is not a Calibre problem. But I've been known to be wrong before.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-05-2010 at 06:10 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
southcot
southcot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for the prompt reply. This issue has just resolved itself by a reboot. However as I'm not using sync so the off-line files fixes are not relevant, also the virtual memory is running at the MS recommended level so changing that would make no difference to performance. Although I'm happy to hear your assertion that it isn't Calibre, it was the only program to be giving this error and as mentioned there is plenty of space available on the network drive. There could have been something else in the background that had crashed invisibly that was conflicting with Calibre?
southcot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibe, database, error