Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Kindle edition is really a bargain!

I got an e-mail from Amazon.com today letting me know that Hex and the City by Simon R Green is now available for pre-order. The e-mail indicated that the book was priced at $69.99, which I thought was much too high for a book, so I followed the link in the e-mail to the book description -- and yep, it says $69.99. Amazing. Particularly since the e-mail also had links to the Kindle edition and mass market paperback edition. I'm also curious why this is classified as "Misc. Supplies". It must be a very special edition indeed.

So -- you can pre-order for $69.99, or get the paperback edition for $7.99 or the Kindle edition for $5.59. I was also quite amused by the way in which they made the discount look better than it is. Digital list price is $6.99, but they calculated your savings against the higher print list price. See the attached screen shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hex-email-screenshot.gif
Views:	517
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	28065   Click image for larger version

Name:	hex-supplies-screenshot.gif
Views:	518
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	28066   Click image for larger version

Name:	hex-kindle-screenshot.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	28067  
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Not really. Looks like someone botched things up. $5.59 is an average price for that eBook. I've seen it for a little less and a little more.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Hey Jon! I've a gift for you!

After you've installed, see about removing that stick!
Attached Images

krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:54 AM   #4
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Why is the self promotion allowed?!?!
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_hand View Post
Why is the self promotion allowed?!?!
What self promotion?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

hey i don't see any selfpromotion?
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyliedork View Post
hey i don't see any selfpromotion?
I guess that's why his handle is slow hand. he's been workin' on his response for a bit now.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote