Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #76
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Works pretty nice on the GLO.

Sadly the problems with the Aura are still the same.
The program starts and you see the first screen with the folder structure, but as soon as you click anything the screen gets filled with lines, you get from mismatched resolutions.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #77
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by xor_ View Post
Install into the .kobo - subfolder.
sorry, do you mean we should copy all of the files in your .zip (after extracting them) into a subdirectory "koreader" of .kobo?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #78
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
sorry, do you mean we should copy all of the files in your .zip (after extracting them) into a subdirectory "koreader" of .kobo?
Yepp.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #79
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yepp.
thanks!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #80
paola
Wizard

Quote:
If anyone wants to try on the Touch/Mini, replacing this one file may be all that's needed. But I'm not sure.

The file goes into the frontend/ui subdirectory.
xor, this seems to do the trick: thank you ever so much! I tried with your "basic" version, and basically nothing worked, it was not registering the taps. But replacing that file did the trick.

On the landscape mode: I was stuck, too, but then realised that if you call the top menu by tapping at was the top in portrait mode (so the centre of the left margin in landscape mode), there is where the taps are registered, so by tapping along that side I managed to get back to the home menu. Played around with this for a bit, and you can obtain all the functions that are normally in the top menu. However could not get the bottom menu to go back to portrait mode. Reopening the file in question would still give it in landscape mode, even after a reboot, so those files now seem stuck in landscape mode permanently.

Having said that, I am reporting these issue for info, as I am delighted at being able to read a pdf file properly!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #81
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
xor, this seems to do the trick: thank you ever so much!
Glad it works for you. You're welcome.

Quote:
Reopening the file in question would still give it in landscape mode, even after a reboot, so those files now seem stuck in landscape mode permanently.
Not permanently. The program saves the last setting for every file in the history subdirectory. Just delete that history file, until we hopefully find a better solution.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #82
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Glad it works for you. You're welcome.

Not permanently. The program saves the last setting for every file in the history subdirectory. Just delete that history file, until we hopefully find a better solution.
great! I should add a correction: once in landscape there is a way to call the bottom menu: I had to tap on a point approximately 2 cm to the left of the right side, and 3cm to the north of the bottom side (sides when in portrait) - however could not "map" the right spot to go back to portrait mode.

again, thanks a million, and more karma to you!

Last edited by paola; 05-12-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:36 AM   #83
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Hi xor_ ! Good work
Did you just use already available binaries and combined them in some way? Or did you modify the sources? If this one is the case you should also share them.
I'll take a look at this very shortly, and I'll try to mainline at least Glo support in upstream KOReader. If you share the sources (as you're required by the GPL) I'll avoid to duplicate your efforts.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #84
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Paola,

Darned if I could find the spot for the bottom menu on my Glo in landscape mode. It sure wasn't for lack of trying. Now, I've gotta have another go at it.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #85
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
@xor_: kill -STOP and kill -CONT nickel doesn't work?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #86
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Paola,

Darned if I could find the spot for the bottom menu on my Glo in landscape mode. It sure wasn't for lack of trying. Now, I've gotta have another go at it.
well, bear in mind I have a Mini, so your "spot" could be elsewhere. Anyhow the only thing I managed to get from it is I think the setting menu, but nothing else, and for that one I don't know where I touched - it could be that it is mapping to points which are "outside" my Mini screen, but could be in your glow. I'll see if I can film my spot tonight.

@Giorgio, think of 5" screens too, please please
There the lack of a decent pdf viewer is really a major issue.

More in general, am I right that with Koreader there is no dictionary and no highlights/annotations?

Anyhow, again thanks to all these great and capable folks who make their work available and accessible to absolute non techies like me: I'd be lost without you!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #87
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Quote:
@Giorgio, think of 5" screens too, please please
There the lack of a decent pdf viewer is really a major issue.
And of 6.8" ones too, pleeeassee.

The Aura with koreader in scroll mode would be pretty much the perfect reader for me.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #88
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
More in general, am I right that with Koreader there is no dictionary and no highlights/annotations?
It looks like you can install dictionaries.
Quote:
copy Stardict format dictionary files(*.idx, *.ifo, *.dict) into koreader/data/dict directory.
(source)
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #89
xor_
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Did you just use already available binaries and combined them in some way? Or did you modify the sources? If this one is the case you should also share them.
I compiled from github. On the binary side, I think I used the modified einkfb.c/.h from your KPV fork straight up. On the Lua side there was some fiddling involved, which is all inside the .zip.

The main difference between the upstream source and what we use now is in inputevent.lua and gesturedetector.lua, as they added a bunch of stuff and I haven't merged that yet. I was going to look into that, but I'll be happy to let you take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola
There actually is a dictionary in there.The sdcv binary is StarDict. But i haven't looked into that yet, as my main priority has been to get the basics working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor
@xor_: kill -STOP and kill -CONT nickel doesn't work?
It works, but not if we run koreader in between.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #90
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
It looks like you can install dictionaries.
(source)
Quote:
There actually is a dictionary in there.The sdcv binary is StarDict. But i haven't looked into that yet, as my main priority has been to get the basics working.
yes of course - what I meant was that I could not see a way to call up the dictionary - but maybe this is because I did not install a dictionary.

Anyhow, I won't tire to repeat that I can only be thankful for all your work!