Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
BBC Click on eBook Readers

Came across two interesting videos on BBC Click discussing eBook readers.

The first "Helpful features in eBook Readers" takes a quick look at features future buyers should look at.

The info is a bit sparse and doesn;t really address most of the negative issues related to the devices (eg. Amazon offering limited selections to non-US customers, geo-restrictions etc.). It also shows the Intel reader that's aimed at disabled readers.

The second, "The latest eBooks readers reviewed" offers brief reviews of some devices. The Bookeen Opus makes an appearance (no mention of freezes ). One comment that is made is that the Opus' screen technology isn't as good as the other readers since it shows traces of previous pages after using for a while. Can't say that I've noticed that myself.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Oh no, he said you couldn't use it in the bath!

I've given up telling people they can put it in a bag when they're in the bath - I'm throwing in the towel.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

I've given up telling people they can put it in a bag when they're in the bath - I'm throwing in the towel.
Thought I would keep that one a secret as a surprise ending
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

Don't stop telling people that - I have read that from you in one of the threads and now read while taking showers
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote