Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
daisy76
daisy76 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader
Her Fearful Symmetry-Audrey Niffenegger

I found it interesting to see that Audrey Niffenegger new book, Her Fearful Symmetry, is available for pre-order for the Kindle Edition.

http://www.amazon.com/Her-Fearful-Sy...5280_fe_img_1/
daisy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy76 View Post
I found it interesting to see that Audrey Niffenegger new book, Her Fearful Symmetry, is available for pre-order for the Kindle Edition.

http://www.amazon.com/Her-Fearful-Sy...5280_fe_img_1/
Hmmm, inspired by William Blake or?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Hmmmmm so I assume this is being offered in ebook format? I thought while inquiring about "The time Traveler's Wife" in ebook format she said something about never releasing her books electronically............has she changed her mind so quickly?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
Hmmmmm so I assume this is being offered in ebook format? I thought while inquiring about "The time Traveler's Wife" in ebook format she said something about never releasing her books electronically............has she changed her mind so quickly?
NO, she changed publishers. to Scribner, which already has a large presence in the Kindle store, and apparently has added ebook rights to their contract.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Her Fearful Symmetry is very entertaining and compelling but it is much weirder and somewhat darker than TTW so i am curious how well it will do; I was offered a review copy by its publicists some weeks ago and I read it on arrival several days later and thoroughly enjoyed it. I put a mini-review on Goodreads and will have the full review on Fantasy Book Critic next week.

It is excellent that the novel is offered as e.

From my mini-rv at Goodreads:

"Stunning book full of surprises and twists and turns; beautiful prose and great characters as well as a page turner, I just could not put it down.

A true ghost story with twin middle-aged women and twin daughters of one of the original twins, set near Highgate Cemetery in England and featuring a very (and that's an understatement) eccentric cast of characters, the novel has a simple premise - what if ghosts are real, almost non-material but not quite? ..."
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Must refrain from commenting on hypocrisy among pbook purists.....
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Must refrain from commenting on hypocrisy among pbook purists.....

Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
arshield
Enthusiast
arshield is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
cost!

Just FYI the Amazon hard cover cost is $16.19 and the Kindle price is $14.84. So a $1.35 difference in price? Yeah, I won't be buying this one up front.
arshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I saw a pre-review of this and thought it sounded good, but didn't think I'd get it, as from her previous remarks about TTW she hadn't planned on going ebook with anything. *grin*...welllll now this changes things a bit, doesn't it?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Hehehe! So we won her over after all.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Hehehe! So we won her over after all.
Rather the publisher/money won her over. Maybe she didn't read the contract before signing.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #12
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
We just made a much bigger deal about it than it was to her.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm sure her publisher refused to give up the e-rights.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #14
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Let's not be rude to a potential convert. The lady may yet be pleasantly surprised by her ebook sales and be won over to the cause of electronic reading.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #15
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
I was just looking at the upcoming ebooks at the sony store and was surprised to see this one listed. It does sound very interesting and although not my usual type of book I will probably buy it. I think it is to be released for sale on the 29th of September

Last edited by artemisblossom; 09-25-2009 at 01:00 AM.
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote