Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #151
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool re-read

forgot to mention that i re-read vignette (side jobs) back before i started blood rites, then after i finished dead beat i re-read something borrowed (side jobs) and then started my present re-read of proven guilty.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #152
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I've added links to the original post and "cleaned up" the Rachel Morgan post. Not sure if I should link to the wiki pages for either or both series.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #153
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
I loved the 1st book and I need to get back to reading the books. I'll probably start with Storm Front again since it's the only book I've read so far and then just keep going.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #154
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool re-read

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I loved the 1st book and I need to get back to reading the books. I'll probably start with Storm Front again since it's the only book I've read so far and then just keep going.
just finished up my re-read of proven guilty. after dinner i'll begin my re-reading of white night. i'm enjoying the heck out of this series re-read.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-09-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #155
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool oops!

whoops! just started white night as i watched the brewers and the cardinals win the nlds and then my wife made me watch last sunday's recorded episode of pan am. then i picked up my kindle and when navigating to white knight i stumbled on a dresden short story called aaaa wizardry. it wasn't long and now with it being almost my bedtime, i'm finally starting my re-read of white night.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-09-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling error
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #156
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool re-read

well, i finished re-reading white night and now i've begun re-reading the first of the two short stories that take place between white night and small favor, they are it's my birthday too and heorot, then i'm on to re-reading small favor (#10).

anybody other than myself visiting this thread any longer?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:55 AM   #157
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

anybody other than myself visiting this thread any longer?
I've been lurking but I'm still reading this thread.
I'm slowly making my way through the Dresden Files. The next on my list is Proven Guilty. I'm not going through them fast, I know that if I try to read a series one after the other I'll grow tired of it.

After reading the first book I wasn't sure if I would continue with the series but I'm glad I did!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #158
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I'm still here as well, following the plan I mentioned in this post. Things are just going slowly.

I'm almost done with Avonlea, I'm finishing the short stories in Dates from Hell, and I plan on finishing The Island of Dr. Moreau this weekend. Reading it in bits and pieces doesn't really work for me, but I won't have any real sit down time until the weekend.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #159
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I just finished Ghost Story and was avoiding this thread until now because I hate spoilers. The series is one of my favourites, as well as the The Hollows and Cassandra Palmer, another where the series gets better with later books.

Why does Dresden wear a hat on the cover when he doesn't in the text?
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #160
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool re-read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I've been lurking but I'm still reading this thread.
I'm slowly making my way through the Dresden Files. The next on my list is Proven Guilty. I'm not going through them fast, I know that if I try to read a series one after the other I'll grow tired of it.

After reading the first book I wasn't sure if I would continue with the series but I'm glad I did!
yeah, that's usually the case with me too. but for some reason i've re-read 9 dresden novels back-to-back so far and keep anxiously looking forward to beginning the next one. as well as i seem to be enjoying each one a little more that the previous one.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-11-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #161
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool hat & spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I just finished Ghost Story and was avoiding this thread until now because I hate spoilers. The series is one of my favourites, as well as the The Hollows and Cassandra Palmer, another where the series gets better with later books.

hide the spoilers

Spoiler:
hidden spoiler

so only those who wish to see them are able to.

i've never seen an answer to that from either jim butcher or chris mcgrath, but i suppose that artistic license will have to suffice as an explanation till either one of them tells the fans the inside story.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #162
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Actually, he does wear a hat in some points of some stories. But it's more often a baseball cap. The new covers are all about making him look dark and mysterious... but I think if Harry himself looked at those covers, he'd laugh his @$$ off at the way he was depicted.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #163
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Have to agree with Steve. I've only read the first 4, but I know he wore a hat a couple of times in those 4.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #164
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
Actually, he does wear a hat in some points of some stories. But it's more often a baseball cap. The new covers are all about making him look dark and mysterious... but I think if Harry himself looked at those covers, he'd laugh his @$$ off at the way he was depicted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Have to agree with Steve. I've only read the first 4, but I know he wore a hat a couple of times in those 4.
true, but he has been known to say, more than once, that he doesn't own a hat.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #165
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
true, but he has been known to say, more than once, that he doesn't own a hat.
Guess having Harry state that he doesn't do hats is Jims way to make a little jab at his publisher. As far as I know it was their decision to make Harry wear a hat, probably because they felt it it gives the books a more mysterious feel.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy