Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
clarient
clarient began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question Help with font and justification problems from Calibre to Kindle

I hope this is in the right place. I've been searching for an answer for a few days but I'm either not using the right phrases/terms or I've missed something crucial.

I downloaded a book for my Kindle (specifically: deleted by mods) and loaded it into Calibre. It displays in a type-writer text that I don't particularly like, but it at least reads fine.

When I send it to my Kindle using Caliber (which I am assuming converts the document to the Kindle proprietary format) it shows up, but it doesn't read normally. Words are cut in half from the end of one line to another, the text alignment/justification changes arbitrarily and without reason.

Here's how the first page looks:

My question is, how can I adjust this so that at the very least, the text aligns normally without breaking words in half? And if it's possible, how can I change the font to something similar to the Kindle default?

If I've found the wrong audience for this question, please direct me to the best place. I've just downloaded Sigil in an effort to try and tweak the original document, so I'll be playing around with that for a bit.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Christine

Last edited by ldolse; 06-29-2011 at 12:16 AM.
clarient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Moderator Notice
Do not post links to copyrighted content on these forums, it is against forum policy and can get you banned
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert