Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #16
Rachaelslp
Rachaelslp
Rachaelslp began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Has anyone tried a wifi keyboard?
I would like to do simple editing on word documents.
Thanks,
Rachael
Rachaelslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #17
wheatfree
wheatfree doesn't litterwheatfree doesn't litter

Device: Pandigital Novel
The only wifi keyboard I know of is this android app: WIFI keyboard

You can sit at your computer and type into a browser window that enters the text into your adroid device. I haven't installed it because if I'm going to sit at a computer to edit text, I might as well just plug the stupid thing in and edit the files directly. I don't really see the point, but it does exist.

I don't know of any standalone wifi-based keyboards. They're all bluetooth and IR, aren't they? The USB ones won't work because there's no USB host on these devices.

However, the thumb keyboard HERE is not half bad. I use it for entering a few sentences here and there. It has multiple layouts you can choose from, and it has directional arrows to move around inside text boxes. For real writing, I want a real keyboard, though.
wheatfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #18
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
It will not work on the IQ, it (the IQ) has no Bluetooth, no mic. no gps, no camera.. Still a nice tablet though! After the Firmware update also more responsive
Uhhh ... Sorry, I thought we were talking about the Archos 70. It does have BT as well as a capacitive touchscreen and front facing camera (no GPS though). And a very easy hack will give it Android Market access. That's everything the Galaxy Tab has except GPS, an expensive 3G data plan, and a rear facing camera at half the price.

The IQ may be a most excellent reader, but if you want to go much beyond that the limitations you have pointed out make it a non player.

Last edited by wodin; 12-10-2010 at 02:18 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote