Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #691
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Didn't get anywhere near my goal of 50 in 2011 but I'm happy with what I read and always knew that it would be a big challenge for me. Well, hope springs eternal and there's always 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
And DONE!!!

I know some of them may not "count" for most people, but they do for me.

Like the "Walking Dead" Hardback collections, yes they are comics, but 12 of them in a HB is around 300 or so pages, and they can be wordy at times.

http://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/26894
Congrats and nothing wrong with counting "The Walking Dead". I did too! I figured it helped even out the page counts of some other much longer books I read.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #692
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I had high hopes for reaching my goal this year and for a while it looked like I would reach it early. Then my husband was in a major motorbike accident in August and while I read a lot when he was in ICU, I haven't read nearly as much as normal since he started rehab. I am currently at 95 books, 29,622 pages, according to Goodreads.com though. I have more than a few books "on the go" right now so I could still add a few more before the year ends and get pretty close.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:40 AM   #693
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I haven't been reporting my progress here but I set my initial target at 100, reduced it about early March to 52 (one a week) and have achieved that so I'm happy.

Thumbs up to goodreads for their excellent tracking tool. I'll be using it again in 2012.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:24 AM   #694
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I finished Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere last night, my 120th book of the year. I was hoping to make 125 but the past month has be so busy I only managed to read 4 books. But an average of 10 books a month is more than I would have guessed I would be able to read.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:08 AM   #695
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well in the end I managed 107 books, which I'm pleased with. I'm still deciding exactly what challenge I will be taking on for 2012, but it won't be as many, I don't think. I'd rather vary it, and allow myself to read longer books if I fancy (though 2011 did include The Count of Monte Cristo, which was 1400+ pages).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #696
David71
Enthusiast
David71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I managed to read 102 this year without really pushing myself. That was a little under 39,000 pages read according to Goodreads and I'm happy with those numbers. I got off to a bit of a slow start this year so I can probably do a bit better next year. I figure I'll do a challenge as long as I'm enjoying myself.
David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #697
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Finished up with 129 books.

My 2012 goal is to improve by one book - 130.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #698
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The first part is easy. My TBR pile is about 420 ebooks. I've read 127 ebooks this year so far.

Unfortunately, the second part isn't so easy. I've bought 173 ebooks this year so far.

I started a thread to help me (& others) with the second part — feel free to join in. I managed to buy only 15 ebooks since starting the thread. It's now 13 days since I last bought an ebook.
Well, I ended up the year with 205 read, 3 abandoned, and 30 previous read removed from my TBR pile, and 'only' 218 bought. Which means in the last five months of 2011, I only bought 45 ebooks, an average of nine a month, but I read 78, over 15 per month! Pretty good going.

I go into 2012 with a TBR pile of 380 and a target of 300 of less at the end of 2012. If I can carry on as I did over the past five months, I should make it...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #699
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I didn't join the challenge because I knew 100 was out of my reach; my only goal was just to keep reading, and I managed 65 books, about 10 more than in 2010. For 2012, my only goal is to enjoy myself with my books.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #700
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
If we're doing year-end stats, then mine are:

210 brand-new novel-length read in full
18 paper re-reads
12 e-book re-reads
+ a bunch of separately packaged short stories and graphic novels I'm not going to scroll through and count (I need a better numeration system for those)

total paid purchases read: 108 purchased prior to finishing re/reading (a few picked up after if they were on sale and I liked it enough)
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #701
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I had hoped to squeeze in one last book in 2011, but my end total was 86. I'm happy with that.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #702
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Nicely done .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #703
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
I made my goal of 100 and read 101 in 2011. I am only going to 50 in 2012, 100 was a struggle and I want to read some long ones this year!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #704
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Well I predicted last month I would get to 90 and I did, finishing book number 90 before new year.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #705
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Well I got to 148 by the end of 2011 missed 150 by 2 but only started counting in February so I'm sure I did read more than 150. Got 1 for 2012 already. Congratulations to everybody and hope everyone has fun reading in 2012.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a terminator production