Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
NewVMan
NewVMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
News Feed Table of Contents

I just recently upgraded to 0.6.1 and now none of my News Feeds have a TOC. Did something change? How can I get the TOC back?
NewVMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
I haven't this problem. TOC in News feeds appear normally.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you're using a Kindle (which it appears from your 'Device: Kindle 2', you are) the mobi file in 0.6 is structured to use the Kindle's periodical navigation feature. You should see 'View Section List' or 'View Article List' at the bottom of the screen. Press the joystick button to go to the periodical TOC. Much easier than the 0.5 navigation for Kindle users.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

It took me a couple of minutes to see this on my K2 as well. It is a definite improvement from my view, I really like it.
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
NewVMan
NewVMan began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
If you're using a Kindle (which it appears from your 'Device: Kindle 2', you are) the mobi file in 0.6 is structured to use the Kindle's periodical navigation feature. You should see 'View Section List' or 'View Article List' at the bottom of the screen. Press the joystick button to go to the periodical TOC. Much easier than the 0.5 navigation for Kindle users.

G

Dead on G, thanks, would have never noticed this.
NewVMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Now that calibre fully supports Kindle navigation, try downloading a recipe with multiple sections (Washington Post, Newsweek, Economist, Time, etc) and notice that the individual sections are selectable from the Kindle sections list. Try downloading a single section recipe (NYTimes Headlines, Slate) and notice that all of the articles are displayed in a single directory. Also, the Kindle GUI will show the current article title at the top of the screen, and the next article title in the lower right. There are lots of navigation tricks and shortcuts available.

Here's one: In a multi-section document, click View Sections List, then in the displayed section names, click on the number in parantheses in the 'view articles' column to get to the article summaries, or click in the 'view section' column to go to the first article of that section.

Here's another: select an article from the TOC, use Page Next to read the article, then press Back ... takes you back to the article index to choose the next article from the displayed summaries. Very quick to maneuver around a document.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote