Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Calibre support for Right-to-Left languages

@Kovid

I was trying to do some recipes for some sites in Hebrew and was not successful in all cases.

For example newspaper Haaretz passed just fine whie one Blog in Hebrew was outside of my powers.

I added this in extra_css to force rtl language but it is ignored in the final result.

Code:
    extra_css = '@font-face {font-family: "serif0";src:url(res:///Data/FONT/serif0.ttf)} body{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .article_description{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} a.article{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .calibre_feed_title{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .calibre_feed_list{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .calibre_feed_description{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .feed{direction: rtl} .calibre_class_0{direction: rtl}'
Do you have any plans to add RTL language support to the racipe infrastructure to avoid all this css hassle?

Here is the recipe in question:
Attached Files
File Type: zip hebrewblog.zip (1.0 KB, 390 views)
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you say it is ignored in the output you mean it's not present? Or that it is present and the SONY is ignoring it?

As for special support for RTL languages, all that should be needed is

extra_css="body {direction: rtl;}"

since IIRC direction is inherited.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
When you say it is ignored in the output you mean it's not present? Or that it is present and the SONY is ignoring it?
I mean it is being ignored in this case by both adobe software and sony reader.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm strange, OK I'll look into it, can you open a ticket.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
kiklop74
Guru

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/2238
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
prs700
prs700 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
@Kovid

I was trying to do some recipes for some sites in Hebrew and was not successful in all cases.

For example newspaper Haaretz passed just fine whie one Blog in Hebrew was outside of my powers.

I added this in extra_css to force rtl language but it is ignored in the final result.

Code:
    extra_css = '@font-face {font-family: "serif0";src:url(res:///Data/FONT/serif0.ttf)} body{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .article_description{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} a.article{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .calibre_feed_title{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .calibre_feed_list{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .calibre_feed_description{direction: rtl; font-family: serif0, serif} .feed{direction: rtl} .calibre_class_0{direction: rtl}'
Do you have any plans to add RTL language support to the racipe infrastructure to avoid all this css hassle?

Here is the recipe in question:

Hi,

I want to make use of the RTL support, but I am confused, what is CSS and where can I add it if you don't mind? at Calibre or at the device?

thanks

PRS 700
prs700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

When converting books in calibre add it to the override css field
Old 04-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
prs700
prs700 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-700
thanks for a great software,
But hope you can help me with this issue

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44608

PRS 700
prs700 is offline   Reply With Quote