Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Live music and ...

mango mararitas ... a great party. I decided to hold off on the meds .. having a wonderful time ... wish you all were here.

Posted from my cell phone. Carpe the blender.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
mango mararitas ... a great party. I decided to hold off on the meds .. having a wonderful time ... wish you all were here.

Posted from my cell phone. Carpe the blender.

anyone ever told you that you have a definite cruel streak??
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
anyone ever told you that you have a definite cruel streak??
Let's get her, DG. We'll steal her booze & leave her destitute.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
she could at least give the GPS coordinates so slayda could plug them into a unit, drive there, and party for the rest of us.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Let's get her, DG. We'll steal her booze & leave her destitute.

I"m right behind you, Slayda. Honest. You go first. And when she pounds you into the ground, bad back and all, I'll be back in Surprise............... Never come between RM and her 'party'..............
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 10:42 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Still at the party ... feeling no pain. Also picked up a new client who does billions annually in the healthcare industry ... needs an attorney to negotiate some hospital purchases/sales. Well, heck fire ... I can do that ... that's what I do.

The music is great .. singer is top notch. I suspect she was invited to sing for one of the Academy of Country Music board members that is here tonight. I hope this gig turns into something good for her.

I really love this phone. It is so cool to be at a party and still be able to check in at MR. Gotta love technology!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
what kind of telephone do you have ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what kind of telephone do you have ?
It's a Motorola Q phone ... and I am using it a lot lately since my modem has been acting up.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
It's a Motorola Q phone ... and I am using it a lot lately since my modem has been acting up.
ITS ALIVE!!! How ya feeling?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:01 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
ITS ALIVE!!! How ya feeling?
Back still hurts. Modem still sick. Other than that ... just dandy!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:11 PM   #11
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
You should mix your meds and drink more often if it results in good music and a new client (not to mention an overall good feeling.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:46 PM   #12
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I"m right behind you, Slayda. Honest. You go first. And when she pounds you into the ground, bad back and all, I'll be back in Surprise............... Never come between RM and her 'party'..............
I'll just meow & look pitiful. Maybe she'll adopt me. Naw! I just don't look like a cat - too much donkey straw stuffed in me.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I'll just meow & look pitiful. Maybe she'll adopt me. Naw! I just don't look like a cat - too much donkey straw stuffed in me.

Nah......you look pitiful enough as you are. She'll adopt you in a heartbeat.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #14
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
You don't by any chance meet clients at these parties who need training simulation games developed to help teach their employees how not to end up in court, do you?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Hey, Slayda .... you should know by now, most of my cats don't look much like cats (what with the missing legs, eyes, tails and miscellaneous parts), and I'll pretty much adopt anything that meows.

Quote:
Nah......you look pitiful enough as you are. She'll adopt you in a heartbeat.
Oh ... yup. Pretty much true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
You don't by any chance meet clients at these parties who need training simulation games developed to help teach their employees how not to end up in court, do you?
Yes, sometimes I do. Or sometimes a client of long standing will mention something like that. So, it's good to know that's what you do. I do love sites like this for networking ... any site can be good for business networking, even sites where you can be unutterably silly. I'd much rather have a client who appreciates humor than one who doesn't.

I remember interviewing a prospective client and the topic of "suitable dress" came up. I mentioned that my idea of "suitable dress" for a client meeting is clothing. It might be jeans and a t-shirt ... but all the private parts will be covered. So, he said something to the effect of "What ... no $1000 suits??" And I replied that if he wanted to pay me an extra $1000, I would go out, purchase a suit, stick it in my closet with his name on it, and wear it only to my meetings with him. Otherwise ... he was getting jeans and a t-shirt. He's been my client for about 15 years now ... we get along just fine.

Oh .... I got off topic again didn't I?? Damn me!!!

Oh .... and the party last night was fun (even if I was in some substantial pain from my stupid back) ... after dinner, we took the Moon's boat out on the lake and buzzed around all the really really expensive homes over on Applehead Island (I'm talking $6,000,000 and up homes), and deciding which ones we were going to buy (riiiiight). Anyway, I took a ton of photos and I'll likely post one in this thread later.

Honestly, because we just had a party last Friday, I didn't think they were going to have another one the very next Tuesday. But, sure enough ... twenty to seven, I'm covered in paint, and I get a phone call saying "You ARE coming tonight ... aren't you??. And I said "Huh, pardon??" And when I told them that I was sort of covered in Ralph Lauren Deep Cream paint ... they suggested I take a quick shower and get my ass down there. When I told them by the time I fed the cats and took a shower (and dried my hair and got dressed) it would be about 8:00 .... they told me to skip the shower and just get my ass down there. So I did.

Mind you .... I am not much of a party animal. I know it seems like I'm always going to parties ... and that's because I'm always going to parties, but I'm a sucker for good food that is free and really good conversation. The fact that someone labels that a "party" doesn't much concern me.

And .... here's a note ... the party last Friday, I am told it went on until three in the morning. However, being properly fed and in a fair amount of pain, I said my goodbyes at about 10:30 and came home to bed. Now that's my idea of a really good evening ... I get fed a good meal, people entertain me, and then I go to bed at a reasonable time and read for an hour or so.

Tags
unutterable silliness