Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
asrrin29
asrrin29 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Regex and Metadata from filename.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read this.

I tried reading as much as I could about regular expressions, and even being a hobbyist programmer it makes my head spin. I have some books that are parsed strangely, and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Here is an example filename:

Code:
[Black Fleet Crisis] - 01 - Before The Storm (Michael Mcdowell).epub
I've altered default regex a little bit to get my authors to parse properly and this is what I currently use:

Code:
(?P<title>.+) \((?P<author>[^_]+)\)
What I need is a way to tell Calibre to ignore the series and series volume info, and only parse the title and author. To make it easier, none of my titles have numbers or brackets, so if I could get a regex that ignores everything inside a bracket, plus numbers outside brackets, I'd be set. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I found a thread that lets me parse the brackets out into some into publishdate, so now all I need to do is figure out how to get the numbers to disappear.
asrrin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrrin29 View Post
Here is an example filename:

Code:
I've altered default regex a little bit to get my authors to parse properly and this is what I currently use:

Code:
(?P<title>.+) \((?P<author>[^_]+)\)
What I need is a way to tell Calibre to ignore the series and series volume info, and only parse the title and author.
Code:
Code:
.* - (?P<title>.+) \((?P<author>.+)\)
.* would eat up all the characters up to the last ' - ', because * quantifier is greedy

Have a look at this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99258

Last edited by kacir; 09-20-2010 at 04:24 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
asrrin29
asrrin29 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Awesome! It works nearly perefectly. It fails on books that are not part of a series (title author only) but I have so few of those I can just group them in thier own folder and import them as a second group with different regex.

Calibre is the perfect tool for what I need, and I'm glad you guys are here to give answers. thanks!
asrrin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:55 AM   #4
parafux
parafux began at the beginning.

Device: Kindl
can you please tell me which tool or plugin from Calibre you use?
I also want to convert my filenames into meta-data that can be read by my Tolino or my Kindle.
I dont want to edit all metadata by myself manually.

I have filenames like:
name, surname - title.epub

thanks a lot
parafux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 01:49 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Send to device, save to Disk Template controls file names on sending.
If you have used a DEVICE, reconnect it The Preferences:send to device will show the current template and info needed to modify.

It may be simple as : (did put the books in an Authors folder by using a / )
{authors}/{title} Use {author_sort} if main Calibre is Fn Ln, that flips
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2023, 04:51 AM   #6
parafux
parafux began at the beginning.

Device: Kindl
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Send to device, save to Disk Template controls file names on sending.
If you have used a DEVICE, reconnect it The Preferences:send to device will show the current template and info needed to modify.

It may be simple as : (did put the books in an Authors folder by using a / )
{authors}/{title} Use {author_sort} if main Calibre is Fn Ln, that flips
i opened a new thread in the meanwhile to explain to complete problem. I dont want to get new filenames, i want to keep all filenames as they are. I just want to edit the epub internal metadata using some batch script or programm to transfer the information from my filenames to the metadata.
parafux is offline   Reply With Quote