Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 05-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Using USB cable to transfer files

So I got my nifty new EBW1150. I am running windows vista and have a bunch of ebooks in pdf format.

After much confusion on my part I managed to convert some of my old ebooks over to *.imp files.

I already opened and viewed the files and they came up more or less correctly. I need to fix some alignment issues, but for a first try not too bad.

I want to download those onto my reader. I tried to use ebookwise librarian, but it won't import the files because they are *.imp

Is there another way to use my USB connection to transfer the files? It does not seem like this should be this hard. Maybe I am expecting too much.

So far I am not impressed with my trail of the ebookwise librarian, I consider myself to be a fairly savvy user, but this program seems useless so far. I am probably not doing things correctly, but it also should not be too hard to figure out.

Is the functionality not fully there unless you buy the program?

So I have to get a SMC to do the transfers?

Thanks a bunch!

Amy

Edit= tried to use the USB cable and the librarian as instructed by the http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?...i=43#EBWLIBUSB but it still did not work, it just said my bookshelf is empty.

Edit again-

Read thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21069

Used the suggestion

Quote:
It is a matter of preference, locating all your books in a subdirectory. You are probably using the <default> bookshelf, so you have not yet created any subfolders (bookshelves).

In GEBLibrarian, try creating a 'New Bookshelf' named 'your library' (change the name to suit your library name) and that will be your first subfolder in c:\GEBLibrarian. Just repeat same for any additional subfolders you need.
Did the same thing just in my ebookwise librarian files. I also had to change my save to location to c:/ebookwise librarian it was trying to defualt to my program file area

Last edited by sassanik; 05-23-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: more info
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Try reading through these threads. Some, if not all, will answer your questions.
And by the way, welcome to the Fictionwise forum. A lot of information is presented here; it just takes time to 'catch-up'.

p.s. the eBookwise Librarian and the GEBLibrarian are the same software by the same developer; just sold differently.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
figured it out I think

I think I have things more or less figured out.

It seems kinda like an ipod to me, it makes little sense when you first get it, but once you are used to it, it makes more sense. Made so simple that its hard.

Took me alittle today to figure out how to delete the pre-installed ebooks, but I managed it. The touch screen is nice and I like how it automatically goes back to the same spot in the book without you even having to book mark it.

Though I must comment I think the librarian should come with the EBW1150 and not have to be purchased seperately. That just seems greedy to me.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote