Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
PeterKennedy
PeterKennedy began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch
uploaded books are corrupt and missing meta data

I have a kobo touch newly reset to version 1.9.9

I've installed the latest 1.9 of calibre

On the calibre welcome wizard, I have selected generic/e-ink device, because if I select koko/kobotouch; calbre only sees books in the root folder. On further investigating this happens only on the first attempt.

On the 'configure this device' menu I have not done anything with the shelves options.

Now with my device connect to calibre and my books displayed, I would like to copy a book from my KT to my calbre library - so I right click on the desired book and select 'add book to library'.

Now the problem is that the file comes across corrupted! no meta data and the file is un-viewable – arrgh!

Any help would be appreciated
PeterKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterKennedy View Post
I have a kobo touch newly reset to version 1.9.9
ANy reason for staying with such an old firmware?
Quote:
I've installed the latest 1.9 of calibre
I hope you mean 0.9.1.
Quote:
On the calibre welcome wizard, I have selected generic/e-ink device, because if I select koko/kobotouch; calbre only sees books in the root folder. On further investigating this happens only on the first attempt.
That doesn't make sense. The Kobo driver for calibre do not actually look at the file system. The Kobo's have a database that records the library details. The driver reads this. Because of that, it doesn't matter were the books are as long as the device has found and processed them.

Quote:
On the 'configure this device' menu I have not done anything with the shelves options.
With the firmware you have, this won't matter.
Quote:
Now with my device connect to calibre and my books displayed, I would like to copy a book from my KT to my calbre library - so I right click on the desired book and select 'add book to library'.

Now the problem is that the file comes across corrupted! no meta data and the file is un-viewable – arrgh!
That sounds like you have selected a "Kobo epub". Calibre can't handle them as they use DRM and are a different format than standard epubs. I have to add something to the driver so they won't be copied.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calbire, corrupted upload, kobo touch