Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #751
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
This is me:

L7
Baen Bucks:53,590
Baen Bliss:290,299
Population:38,233
Food:150,274
Energy:139,461
Military:111,862
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 2/35
Total Bucks per Cycle:331,368
from Assets:63,737
from Pop.:267,631
Political Adj to Asset Bucks:+37%
Bliss - Base Need:194,717
Low-Bliss Cost:0
Energy - Base Need:-13,471
Low-Energy Bliss Cost:-9%
Food - Base Need:-2,658
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty:-3%
Famine Pop. Loss:0
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #752
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
I surged a couple of cores earlier, but I've finally gotten rid of most of my negatives. Sadly, a lot of my population died to supply me with this learning experience.

Lvl 4

Baen Bucks: 20,693

Baen Bliss: 32,769

Population: 21,775

Food: 59,545

Energy: 55,436

Military: 37,595
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 0/20
Total Bucks per Cycle: 101,210
from Assets: 30,586
from Pop.: 87,100
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +8%
Bliss - Base Need: -5,337
Low-Bliss Cost: -16,476
Energy - Base Need: 999
Low-Energy Bliss Cost: 0%
Food - Base Need: 5,108
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty: 0%
Famine Pop. Loss: 0
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #753
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenFL View Post
I surged a couple of cores earlier, but I've finally gotten rid of most of my negatives. Sadly, a lot of my population died to supply me with this learning experience.
Really? Rumor has it that famine isn't working, at all.... Some are running massively in the red (when famine hits, it won't be pretty).
Old 06-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #754
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Here are my current stats, just leveled to 4 right now after buying a 7x7 grid:

Baen Bucks: 77,259
Baen Bliss: 8,821
Population: 574
Food: 10,500
Energy: 6,112
Military: 7,040
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 20/20
Total Bucks per Cycle: 23,210
from Assets: 20,914
from Pop.: 2,296
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: 0%
Bliss - Base Need: 7,817
Low-Bliss Cost: 0
Energy - Base Need: 4,677
Food - Base Need: 9,065

Does anyone want a bunch of low-level Pop gifts? I keep getting them and I'm never going to use them anyway and it seems mildly cruel to regift them to people who are already asking for Food and Energy.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #755
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
The asset balance changes as compared to beta seem to be ahm remarkable. What are the big differences - if I 'd try a new run now? In the last beta cycles i noticed e.g. food must have changed...
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #756
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The big changes have been to Food and Bliss, which you now need much more of according to the new formulas.

Bliss is now Pop * (Tech level + 3) / 4 [used to be something like (Pop * Level) + 500, IIRC]
Food is now Pop * (Tech level + 1) / 2 [used to be just one unit of Food per Pop]
Energy is now Pop * (Tech level + 1) / 2 [used to be just Pop * Level]

It would seem that City Cores, which give you everything with each surge, are more important now (provided you turn off Pop and excessive Bliss from them), rather than going straight to the Radiation Shields and Thorium Reactors as soon as you can.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #757
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Thanks all. I've put up the "No Gifts" sign -- at only 10 gift redemptions per cycle I have a backlog to burn through. The new formulas have bitten me, but I seem to be (slowly) emerging.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #758
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
The big changes have been to Food and Bliss, which you now need much more of according to the new formulas.

Bliss is now Pop * (Tech level + 3) / 4 [used to be something like (Pop * Level) + 500, IIRC]
Food is now Pop * (Tech level + 1) / 2 [used to be just one unit of Food per Pop]
Energy is now Pop * (Tech level + 1) / 2 [used to be just Pop * Level]

It would seem that City Cores, which give you everything with each surge, are more important now (provided you turn off Pop and excessive Bliss from them), rather than going straight to the Radiation Shields and Thorium Reactors as soon as you can.
It is possible to dig yourself out of the - tens of thousands of energy, bliss and food hole. Here are my stat's after getting out of the hole--it took 2 Factory Farms, 2 Antimatter Reactor and 2 Mining District City Cores to do it over 6 cycles.

Baen Bucks: 332,727
Baen Bliss: 77,663
Population: 38,205
Food: 125,597
Energy: 103,865
Military: 80,430
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 0/25
Total Bucks per Cycle: 246,010
from Assets: 54,985
from Pop.: 191,025
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +75%
Bliss - Base Need: 1,253
Energy - Base Need: -10,750
Low-Energy Bliss Cost: -9%
Food - Base Need: 10,982
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty: 0%
Famine Pop. Loss: 0

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 06-17-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #759
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
I have decided to reset my freehold after my disaster.
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #760
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS700, T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by theenframed View Post
I have decided to reset my freehold after my disaster.
Were we allies? I think I've one less ally in my alliances joined list again.

There seems to be more choices in energy assets than before? And radiation shield looks kinda weak...
nightcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #761
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Here are my current stats, just leveled to 4 right now after buying a 7x7 grid:

Baen Bucks: 77,259
Baen Bliss: 8,821
Population: 574
Food: 10,500
Energy: 6,112
Military: 7,040
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 20/20
Total Bucks per Cycle: 23,210
from Assets: 20,914
from Pop.: 2,296
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: 0%
Bliss - Base Need: 7,817
Energy - Base Need: 4,677
Food - Base Need: 9,065

Does anyone want a bunch of low-level Pop gifts? I keep getting them and I'm never going to use them anyway and it seems mildly cruel to regift them to people who are already asking for Food and Energy.
I'll take a few (Wildfire). I can absorb some more population as I build up my money. I'm taking levelling slow this time.
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #762
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcolors View Post

Yep, we were. I added you again.

There seems to be more choices in energy assets than before? And radiation shield looks kinda weak...

I think there are some new ones and some of the old ones were altered.
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #763
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcolors View Post

You have to make note of people that like to reset - avoid adding them as allies, as they hurt you if you are trying for books that way.

Not so bad if you have few allies, it can cost you many millions if they do it and you are quite a ways into joining (I had to buy #33 twice in two freeholds, during the beta!)
Old 06-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #764
ATDrake
Wizzard

Radiation shield is now cost-ineffective. Best I've put on my grid (haven't really tried the others for lack of space) are Multisource Power Plant upgraded to 5 gives 700 surge and 300 Bucks per cycle.

Some of the L2 assets used for project construction are significantly better when upgraded than some other stuff at higher levels.

Bio-Trap Factory gives (or suppresses) 1000 Pop per level and earns 500 Bucks per level. L2 Heavy Grav Football, Anti-Grav Soccer, and Mech Suit Battlespace give/suppress more Bliss and earn more Bucks per cycle when upgraded than the Settlement Orchestra and Town Bandstand at L4. Commercial Firing Range gives a better 4000 Military surge at L4 than the Sky Cap Defense system does at L8 for just 3000 Military.

So, it's worth picking through your used project components to see which ones are worth keeping once upgraded.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #765
ATDrake
Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You have to make note of people that like to reset - avoid adding them as allies, as they hurt you if you are trying for books that way.
They seem to have fixed that. Yesterday before a couple of the MR people reset, my next alliance cost was 2048 and I was strapped for cash so I didn't re-join.

This morning after at least 2 people on my ally list reset, my next alliance cost dropped to 512.

Numerical progress may be slower, but at least it looks like you get your money back now.