Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
olderzeus
olderzeus began at the beginning.

Device: Story HD, Kobo Mini
Talking Story HD Firmware MOD Tool

sorry for my pool english

I build the tool and share it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip iriver Story HD Firmware Tool v1.01.zip (230.3 KB, 982 views)
olderzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
olderzeus

Used for Story HD Firmware file encode & decode
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
pegas
pegas began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 603, 2.06
hello olderzeus,

I used your programm thanks. The converting hex to zip works but extracting zip with password supplied gives error (maybe wrong password) after about 50%. I tried some firmware 1.17, 1.19 and others. the only case where there was no error was extracting a small patch firmware (maybe 1.29..). Good Job anyway!

I have at the moment simmilar interest because I have Iriver HD Device that hangs after end of reboot, of course after wrong firmware update.

I had some idea how solve this problem but I am not sure. I posted it there:
http://imxcommunity.org/forum/topics...e-help-request

Maybe it is interessting for you to and we can share our thoughts. I am sure there must be a way for I river HD USB Downloader mode...

Sori for my much badder english too
pegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
olderzeus

hello pegas,

Refer by http://pastebin.com/0hREr33G, I created this tool of 1st version.
I use this version to decode some firmware file smaller than 10 MiB, when extracting zip file gives error (maybe wrong password).

I found that the file is full encoded when it smaller than 10 MiB, so I build this version(1.01).

I had download all story HD firmware form http://www.iriver.com/support/downlo...ord=&x=19&y=17 , this tool is work fine for all files.

Maybe some smaller firmware file not full encoded? I don't known.

I Upload the tool of 1st version, you can retry to do.
This tool will only decode first 2 MiB and last partial MiB.
The tool of version 1.01 will full decode when the file is smaller than 10 MiB, otherwise only decode first 2 MiB and last partial MiB.
Attached Files
File Type: zip iriver Story HD Firmware Tool.zip (224.0 KB, 786 views)

Last edited by olderzeus; 04-18-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegas View Post
I have at the moment simmilar interest because I have Iriver HD Device that hangs after end of reboot, of course after wrong firmware update.
If you didn't do anything to lose warranty (like opening up the device) you can just send it to service and have it fixed. It's iriver's fault for providing bad update files.

But if you (or anybody else) ever find a way to debrick the reader yourself, please let me know. It'd be tremendously helpful.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert