Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #46
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Step 10. I think you must use a valid email address or it get kicked back as delivery failure notice. So do not use a work email address or spam filters will eat it. If you use gmail check your spam folder.

Looks good.

bernie
Nope unless I happened to get correct two random email address LOL.

EDIT: DOH!!! Nevermind, I read that wrong...yeah you have to enter valid email when sending a new code
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #47
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Step 10. I was working on the basis that you could work off the "copy to sender" email even if the destination email was invalid, but I haven't tried it so I don't know. It only takes about 60 seconds to set up a throwaway email on yahoo anyway, so maybe that's the safest way to go.

AFAIK the code works regardless of email address anyway, i.e. the next account doesn't have to use the email the code was sent to.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #48
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

okay I've got the code for this one!!

PM me if you want it!

edit: now that I know how to do this stuff, I'll be joining in more LOL
Old 03-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #49
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by plib View Post
7. The code is only valid for new accounts, therefore you will have to use the "Register and Checkout" button. You cannot use an email for this account that has been previously used at Baen. You will have to create an account with a new email address. Then proceed to complete the order.
This is not quite correct. Yes you must enter a 'new to Baen' email address to generate the code. The code generated is a single use code, once used it cannot be reused but it does not need to be used with an account registered to the email address given when creating the code.

Whether I get a code via PM or email I open my existing Baen account select the bundle and enter the code this adds the books to my Baen library for d/l. Having all my Baen books in one account makes for simple future disaster recovery if I should lose my local stored copies.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #50
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
OK. I was under the impression that it had to be a newly registered account for the code to work. If not then it is much easier to manage, as you say.

Instructions have been updated appropriately. Give them a quick look again if you want to make sure I've got it right. Once it's error free it might be useful to put something like this at the head of each monthly thread, or a sticky?

Thanks.

Edit: On rereading the changed post I realized that, apart from the "Return to Go" last step, it's a 12 Step Program!

Last edited by plib; 03-12-2012 at 01:12 PM.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #51
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I've PMed jhempel24
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #52
jhempel24
Wizard

Will send when I get to a PC. Been away all day sorry

EDIT: CODE SENT!

Last edited by jhempel24; 03-12-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #53
rolalinii
Ghost
rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle
sent a pm to drnefario for code.
rolalinii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #54
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code received from jhempel24. Thanks. New code passed on to rolalinii.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #55
rolalinii
Ghost
rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle
recieved code and sent the new one back drnefario
rolalinii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:20 AM   #56
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
sent a pm to rolalinii for code.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #57
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sent a pm to drnefario for code.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #58
DrNefario
Wizard

Code sent to bfollowell.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #59
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
PM sent to bfollowell
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #60
bfollowell
Fanatic

Code & PM sent to GeckoFriend.