Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #76
perldude69
Fun-ologist
perldude69 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
can you suggest an update.zip modified to bypass anything from serial?
I don't understand. What do you need?

-- Jim
perldude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #77
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
Did not get the chance to setup the ubuntu yet. Work/family. I was asking for a superduper update that will just update the device clean from serial.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #78
GlutinFreeMan
GlutinFreeMan began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I just spent an hour trying to get tftp to work under WinXP - I think it's possible, but I'm missing the RNDIS drivers (which maybe should have already been installed?).

No more time tonight (have to work in the morning), but I do think it's possible to do it on a Windows machine.

I've also not quite given up on getting the recovery to work from a SD card, but haven't had time to try again lately.

Hopefully I'll get more time to play this weekend.
GlutinFreeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #79
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

way to go. recovery from SD card. yummie... wintftp was crashing on me before even gettin to drivers
Old 11-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #80
perldude69
Fun-ologist

The Windows driver is essential. I don't think it will work in Windows without it. I will help look for a compatible driver.

-- Jim
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #81
perldude69
Fun-ologist

I ordered a second PE. When it gets here, I will be able to brick it and do some more testing.....
Old 11-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #82
flyred77
Enthusiast
flyred77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi all, I think this might be my problem only worse, since I cannot get past a the android man in the middle of my screen telling me to "Touch here" and when I do nothing happens. I have not tread your whole thread, because I am not a great Linux geek, but I am fairly technical and can figure things out if I have the tools.

Are the fixes you have made something that can be shared as a download?
flyred77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #83
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyred77 View Post
Hi all, I think this might be my problem only worse, since I cannot get past a the android man in the middle of my screen telling me to "Touch here" and when I do nothing happens. I have not tread your whole thread, because I am not a great Linux geek, but I am fairly technical and can figure things out if I have the tools.

Are the fixes you have made something that can be shared as a download?
Why use two threads? See my answer in the thread you started.

Reverting to factory defaults only clears the user data and since what you installed is a special build you are now trying to use a phone version on your PE.

Revert to Dingo and the upgrade to Ermine again.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #84
flyred77
Enthusiast

Found this thread after and it sounded more like my problems.

Sorry about the double post, but when I saw this thread, I went, aha, here is my problem. I took your advice and did the golden install following the instructions given in the PDF. No luck for me.

Gonna be a busy weekend but Sunday may hold some promise for de-bricking my PE. I hope...

Thanks for your help and thanks to all in this link. We will be rewriting the .sh file and whatever else it might takes.

I will keep everyone posted.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #85
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Sorry about the double post, but when I saw this thread, I went, aha, here is my problem. I took your advice and did the golden install following the instructions given in the PDF. No luck for me.

Gonna be a busy weekend but Sunday may hold some promise for de-bricking my PE. I hope...

Thanks for your help and thanks to all in this link. We will be rewriting the .sh file and whatever else it might takes.

I will keep everyone posted.
See my comment in your original thread and get out the soldering iron.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #86
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question

Quote:
nikkie
Is this thread from xpa helpful; post 137?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...057206&page=14
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #87
flyred77
Enthusiast

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim, your fix worked for me just fine. I am up and running again!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #88
perldude69
Fun-ologist

Sweet@!

Quote:
Just wanted to say thanks to Jim, your fix worked for me just fine. I am up and running again!
Sweet@!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #89
vicinc
Guru

which fix? the ubuntu on. Installed it but can not get a usb wifi card that is recognized there.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #90
vicinc
Guru

ok ubuntu setup, tftp server finally setup. I connected both serial and usb to ubuntu machine.
copy the images to ftpboot,
now what?! sorry I am lost
I can not see where do i write the nand erase commands?
do I have to start a terminal?

Last edited by vicinc; 11-08-2011 at 01:23 PM.