Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #151
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
... and the GM as it was his 0 Day that made the testing in-the-end a bearable process...
Unpublished 0-day exploit (until we need it). You are welcome! And congratulations!

EDIT: My 0-day exploit works on the Paperwhite too. I remember running diags, and I thought I tested my exploit, but I do not remember how I got my Paperwhite into diags. ???

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-15-2012 at 01:58 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #152
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Now see if chattr +/- i ... works on your K5
Not even 'root' can deleted a file or directory with 'i' set on it.

Note:
Best that I know, mmcblk0p3 (a.k.a: /var/local) is mounted at the same point in the file system in both 'main' and 'diags'.
I.E: It is common to both of them.
So if we take over an increased size /var/local for end-user applications . . .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #153
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yeah...
Quote:
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# df
Code:
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                63671     55007      5464  91% /
tmpfs                   127832         4    127828   0% /dev
tmpfs                   127832         0    127832   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p3           31729     15634     14457  52% /var/local
fsp                    3323544   1559144   1764400  47% /mnt/us
/dev/loop/0            3323544   1559144   1764400  47% /mnt/base-us
5.5 Mb is a bit buttock clenching already.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #154
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yeah...

5.5 Mb is a bit buttock clenching already.
Yup, that eMMC could do with more than just a bit of tender, loving care.

When I get that broken DX(G) to network boot . . .
Then the eMMC will be just another piece of hardware that we can diddle with as we please.
Starting with sym-linking that OTA updater's name to /bin/true.

The network booting only depends on u-boot, one "HowTo" should (mostly) fit all K's
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #155
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Now see if chattr +/- i ... works on your K5
Not even 'root' can deleted a file or directory with 'i' set on it.

Note:
Best that I know, mmcblk0p3 (a.k.a: /var/local) is mounted at the same point in the file system in both 'main' and 'diags'.
I.E: It is common to both of them.
So if we take over an increased size /var/local for end-user applications . . .
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# chattr -h
Quote:
Usage: chattr [-RVf] [-+=AacDdeijsSu] [-v version] files...
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# lsattr -h
Quote:
Usage: lsattr [-RVadlv] [files...]

: ) yep workers
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #156
knc1
Going Viral

Ah, maybe you missed it during all of the excitement:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=138
Old 10-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #157
twobob

Quote:
Ah, maybe you missed it during all of the excitement:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=138
ah sorry. : )

[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# touch /var/local/something_new
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# chattr +i /var/local/something_new
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# lsattr /var/local/something_new
Quote:
----i---------- /var/local/something_new
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# chattr -i /var/local/something_new
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# rm /var/local/something_new
Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #158
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
ah sorry. : )

[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# touch /var/local/something_new
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# chattr +i /var/local/something_new
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# lsattr /var/local/something_new

[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# chattr -i /var/local/something_new
[root@[192_168_15_244] root]# rm /var/local/something_new
And if you had tried to rm /var/local/something_new after setting the 'i' (immutable) attribute you would have gotten a "permission denied" - even as 'root'.
Works for directories also, but I don't know what would happen if the start-up script got a "permission denied" error code.
I didn't see much error checking in that lab126 script you posted.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #159
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Isn't it (chattr) was explored in purposes of securing /usr/local at diags partition? I'm just confused with example of setting attrubute on /var/local...
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #160
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Isn't it (chattr) was explored in purposes of securing /usr/local at diags partition? I'm just confused with example of setting attrubute on /var/local...
I think the above was a test of chattr....
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #161
twobob

Quote:
And if you had tried to rm /var/local/something_new after setting the 'i' (immutable) attribute you would have gotten a "permission denied" - even as 'root'.
Works for directories also, but I don't know what would happen if the start-up script got a "permission denied" error code.
I didn't see much error checking in that lab126 script you posted.
[root@[192_168_15_244] /dev]# rm /var/local/something_new
rm: remove '/var/local/something_new'? y
rm: can't remove '/var/local/something_new': Operation not permitted

heh. classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
just a "for example".
Old 10-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #162
twobob

so - how does one "shutdown" from diags?

init level?

Quote:
[root@[192_168_15_244] /dev]# shutdown -r now
-sh: shutdown: not found
Old 10-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #163
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
poweroff maybe?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #164
twobob

I'll sync first. and tidy up /etc/fstab

just to be on the same side.

[root@[192_168_15_244] /dev]# poweroff -h
Quote:
BusyBox v1.17.1 (2012-04-16 16:44:42 PDT) multi-call binary.

Usage: poweroff [-d DELAY] [-n] [-f]

Halt and shut off power

Options:
-d Delay interval for halting
-n Do not sync
-f Force power off (don't go through init)
Old 10-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #165
knc1
Going Viral

Remove battery?

OR do a "geekmaster" -
leave this one in 'diags', buy another, then leave that one in 'main'
At least I think that is why he has dozens of them.