Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
gpp
gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: none
Custom Metadata Field

Hi All,
Is there a [easy] way to create a custom metadata field (one that isn't already in the Basic or Advanced)?
Thank you!
gpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Valloric isn't a big fan of non-standard/proprietary meta-tags. In the new version however, you can edit the ncx and add them yourself.
At the moment you need to do it manually afterwards.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
gpp
gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.gpp is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Thanks for the answer!!

Having problems with some custom meta fields (needed by kobobooks):

<dc:Account Holder ID>Value</dc:Account Holder ID>
<dc:Territorial Rights>Value</dc:Territorial Rights>
<dc:Number of Free Chapters>Value</dc:Number of Free Chapters>
<dc:Publication Date>Value</dc:Publication Date>
<dc:BISAC>Value</dc:BISAC>

Poking around content.opf I figure that's where they go. I place them just after all other fields generated through Sigil (In meta basic and Advanced), namely after subject, authors, etc. The effect: epub won't open (whether calibre viewer, sigil or firefox). When I remove these tags everything works.

What am I doing wrong?

It's my first epub work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Valloric isn't a big fan of non-standard/proprietary meta-tags. In the new version however, you can edit the ncx and add them yourself.
At the moment you need to do it manually afterwards.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpp View Post
Thanks for the answer!!

Having problems with some custom meta fields (needed by kobobooks):

Poking around content.opf I figure that's where they go. I place them just after all other fields generated through Sigil (In meta basic and Advanced), namely after subject, authors, etc. The effect: epub won't open (whether calibre viewer, sigil or firefox). When I remove these tags everything works.

What am I doing wrong?

It's my first epub work...
Did you place them before the
Code:
</metadata>
tag?
I take it you replaced Value with the proper 'content'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
How did you change/add it? By unzipping and zipping the epub? The epub is a special format zip.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 05:07 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpp View Post
Are these really Dublic Core (dc) tags? Is it allowed to have spaces in tag names? Are you sure it's not something like this?:

<meta name="Territorial Rights" content="Value" />
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
gpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Are these really Dublic Core (dc) tags? Is it allowed to have spaces in tag names? Are you sure it's not something like this?:

<meta name="Territorial Rights" content="Value" />
Thank you!

Inputting tags this way (before </metadata>): <meta name="Territorial Rights" content="Value" /> allows me to open the epub file and read it. However, the field does not show in the Meta Editor in Sigil. Will it still be read by kobo system?

I take it that it was an issue with spaces in tag names, because all other tags required by kobo, which are a single word, work fine by way of <dc:BISAC>US</dc:BISAC> And these show up later in sigil's Meta Editor.

Thanks again!