Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #46
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't expect this to be a decocracy, it's an Internet forum. I am hopeful for a benign dictatorship.

I'd actually like to not lose the messages that people give when they give karma because they make me smile. They are the most important part of the karma system.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #47
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I don't expect this to be a decocracy, it's an Internet forum. I am hopeful for a benign dictatorship.

I'd actually like to not lose the messages that people give when they give karma because they make me smile. They are the most important part of the karma system.
You made me look. I just realized that montsnmags was the first person to grant me any karma.

It would be nice if we could download that record all at once before the new system takes over. It is interesting seeing our old posts that were karmatized and the comments people made when they did the karmatizing.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #48
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
You made me look. I just realized that montsnmags was the first person to grant me any karma.

It would be nice if we could download that record all at once before the new system takes over. It is interesting seeing our old posts that were karmatized and the comments people made when they did the karmatizing.
While nothing has been decided yet how to handle the transition, it's been noted to keep an eye on preserving Karma comments.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #49
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
What about private messages? Can they be transfered without a problem or would those who wish - for whatever reason - to keep this or that message have to save them now?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #50
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
What about private messages? Can they be transfered without a problem or would those who wish - for whatever reason - to keep this or that message have to save them now?
All will transferred.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #51
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
While nothing has been decided yet how to handle the transition, it's been noted to keep an eye on preserving Karma comments.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #52
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I do like the karma comments.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:45 AM   #53
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
No karma anymore? Damn! I so wanted to smash that 2 billion points barrier next year...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #54
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Will there be an option to exchange karma points for presents (fast cars, tropical islands, eternal life, being reborn as a giraffe)? How much will I get for 4 million points?
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:37 AM   #55
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Quote notification and @tagging... we'll have it all. Soon.

Anyone know if we will still be having those features on MR or not anymore? It's been one year since I've made this thread. The implementation process doesn't take this long. I also sent a PM to Alexander Turcic on Feb 2014 and this is what he said, "The quote notification and tagging will definitely come to Mobileread. It will be introduced with the migration to a new forum software, that we've been working on for some time". I have Alexander on my friends list, his last activity was on July 9. Any moderators have any news? Are we going to see these new features? Because when I sent him that PM, he replied back late apologising for the late reply due to health issues. Anyone know if he's OK?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #56
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post

Anyone know if we will still be having those features on MR or not anymore? It's been one year since I've made this thread. The implementation process doesn't take this long. I also sent a PM to Alexander Turcic on Feb 2014 and this is what he said, "The quote notification and tagging will definitely come to Mobileread. It will be introduced with the migration to a new forum software, that we've been working on for some time". I have Alexander on my friends list, his last activity was on July 9. Any moderators have any news? Are we going to see these new features? Because when I sent him that PM, he replied back late apologising for the late reply due to health issues. Anyone know if he's OK?
I just received an email from him yesterday. He's okay, but has a lot on his plate at the moment. He should be returning soon.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #57
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just received an email from him yesterday. He's okay, but has a lot on his plate at the moment. He should be returning soon.

Thank you for letting me know, WT Sharpe. That's good to hear.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:51 AM   #58
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Quote notification and @tagging... we'll have it all. Soon.
OP here ... I assume we'll never see these features since almost 3 years have passed? What happened to the new forum software?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #59
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
OP here ... I assume we'll never see these features since almost 3 years have passed? What happened to the new forum software?
Never is a long time.

pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #60
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I myself am looking forward to @mentions... I'd like to see this soon.
In case it matters that these proposed changes are indeed on peoples' minds.

At the very least a status update would be appreciated. Will we see this within the year? 2 years? 5? 10?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote