Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
ed2760
ed2760 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
no no to kobo Vox

hi guys
i would definatelty not recommend anyone to buy a Kobo
I have had a bad experience when i got one from wh smiths
The screen cracked after i dropped it on the carpet .
i contacted Kobo who are a Canadian company and entered into dialouge to get it repeaired at a cost to me opf 90 US dollars .
However when they suddenyl realisied i was resident int the Uk i got an abrupt e mail saying sorry we dont support the UK.
So to sum up Kobo wish to sell their product in the Uk through major outlets but if you have any issues then they will not support the product.
Wh smiths did however refund my money and fee i paid to send them the damaged unit
I did not think the kobo worked that well in bright sunlight not as a good as the kindle i borrowed.
I am off to purchase a kindle shortly
regards
ed2760
ed2760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Just remember one thing, anytime you mass produce anything slipups and messups happen, duds. Does not matter if you are talking about Kobos, Kindles, Ipads or paper back books, anytime anythign is mass produced these things happen and the kindle is just as subject to the same laws of chance as the kobo is. I have frequently heard of people getting three repalcement kindles from amazon all of which arrive broken. It happends to amazon as well, they are not immune. The only thing that differs here is the quality of the tech support which amazon has gone a long way towards making the company stand out, and it does not sound like kobo has gotten into tech support yet. In tech support even if you do not support the UK you don't tell your customer that, you help your customer as far as possible. Amazon will get you better tech support but is just as subject to the slip ups as kobo is.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
MissKittiness
Achievement Unlocked!
MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Why do people always jump to go straight to the manufacturer on this forum, anyway? Is it a cultural thing? You always go to the retailer in Australia.
MissKittiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKittiness View Post
Why do people always jump to go straight to the manufacturer on this forum, anyway? Is it a cultural thing? You always go to the retailer in Australia.

Apparently it depends on what side of the planet you're on. In North America we're directed to the manufacturer for warranty issues. From what I read here, in the UK they go to the retailer who then deals with the manufacturer. So, it varies.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKittiness View Post
because here in America almost no retailrs do any support and require you to ship to manufacturers, there are a few retailer that will alw exchanges but usually they charge for that privledge.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote