Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #811
rickomuer
Enthusiast
rickomuer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Perhaps not the place; but has there been a newer version since 0.5.13.8942 ? I am looking for a better chm support. Right now it is all garbled.

Cheers!
rickomuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #812
novembr
novembr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, DX
I have a question regarding Duokan and indexing, and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

I hate the indexing on my Kindle 3, and I only know of one way to stop it--it requires poking around in the Kindle code via usbNetwork. All that business is way beyond my experience, so I was curious if I switched to Duokan and loaded all my books onto it, does it index like the normal Kindle OS?
novembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #813
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I solved language setting problem of Duokan Lite in a simple way:Found a parameter on \DK_System\Lite\config.ini and changed it as
Code:
Language=2
That's it.
thomass

Worked like a charm...
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #814
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast

Quote:
I used this switcher only when I start Kindle on KindleOS and to switch between Kindle and DuokanLite. And it works fine without any problem. ^D S to switch to Duokan Lite and ^D X to turning back to the Kindle OS.(^D Z could be used to kill DuokanLite when you are on KindleOS, if you didn't change the stopdk.sh as I suggested.)

It is not a good idea to used it on Duokan since it aims only DuokanLite and Kindle.

Edit: You can use the startdk.sh file in dlite.zip to switch from Kindle and Duokan Lite to Duokan. To do that add this line to the beginning of file:
Code:
killall -cont cvm
change its name as startdk2.sh, place it to DK_System and add this line to launchpad.ini:
Code:
	D F = !source /mnt/us/DK_System/startdk2.sh
and refresh by Shift-Shift-Space

Note that this work correctly if you start Kindle from KindleOS. I didn't test the other ways.

To switch back to Kindle, you can use Alt+Sym>'switch to Kindle' (if it freezes, using ^D X fixes)
I followed the instructions. I start with Kindle OS and ^D S switches to Lite. Then ^D X reports failure to switch back to Kindle.
^D F switches to Duokan.
Once in Duokan, the Launchpad shortcuts simply stop functioning. Previously these used to, erratically all the same!
To get out of it I have to use menu. When I reboot, it reboots directly into Kindle w/o giving me option to choose OS.
From Kindle I use ^D F and I am back in Duokan. Again the LP short cuts are not working anymore so I have to use menu to get out and back into Kindle.
When in Lite, now using menu to Reboot/switch to Kindle also resulted in freeze.. but typing ^D S got me out of it and back into Lite.

Summing up: I can boot into Kindle, switch to Lite (but not back to Kindle) and then to Duokan but then that is it. No more switching... only rebooting thereafter.

Still waiting for a smooth transition/switch between 3 OS....
Old 08-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #815
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast

I take it all back... whatever I wrote above... the behavior is maddeningly unpredictable... worst nightmare is when two OS (usually Duokan and Lite) are running concurrently and driving you nuts...
Old 08-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #816
BernardSamason
BernardSamason began at the beginning.

Device: K3w
English menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by XisiX View Post
To change language in Duokan Lite:

Home -> Menu -> S -> then go to page 3 of the settings menu
Thank you XisiX, that worked for me.
BernardSamason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #817
BernardSamason
BernardSamason began at the beginning.

Device: K3w
Quote:
DK_Documents just includes some Chinese books.
To change language press Alt+Sym . on the third page, last item.
It would be better if you replace English.txt on DK_System \ Lite \ res \ language folder with this English.txt
Thank you thomass for the language change instructions, the English.txt file and
the ini file edit to bring English up automatically!
BernardSamason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #818
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Lite0819.812.1341.rtm

usage: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...cdxFjYMAqOLjHg

Quote:
This week update:
New features:
Support PDF automatically crop margin
Support fit to width
The cursor translator supports English books to read
Find the full text of books to support txt
MENU menu in the text of the add-in music player options

Improvements:
Enhance the user experience of serialized books:
a) The first part of the download finished, the show "Reading this book" button, users can start reading
b) display the page in the book, the book shows the latest chapter serial;
You can add multiple labels
When prompted to restart the system settings to join (the screen blinking)
Use the skip function to increase the page table tips and alphanumeric

Fix the problem:
Fixed sorting in the label can not use the MENU menu interface problems
Removed "switch to Duokan" on System Settings if it is not installed

Last edited by thomass; 08-29-2011 at 08:22 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #819
coderserdar
Groupie
coderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five words

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Wifi, İpod Touch 4th Generation
please help me
i tried a lot of things but
i didn't install the duokan or the duokan lite
i have a kindle 3rd generation (with special offers) and firmware ise 3.2.1
thanks a lot
coderserdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #820
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderserdar View Post
please help me
i tried a lot of things but
i didn't install the duokan or the duokan lite
i have a kindle 3rd generation (with special offers) and firmware ise 3.2.1
thanks a lot
In case if you haven't tried it yet:

To install Duokan lite make sure jailbreak is not installed.

Copy DK_system and update files to main folder

menu>settings>menu>>update

Last edited by thomass; 09-06-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:22 AM   #821
coderserdar
Groupie
coderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
In case if you haven't tried it yet:

To install Duokan lite make sure jailbreak is not installed.

choose update files according to this

Copy DK_system and update files to main folder

menu>settings>menu>>update
thank you but
i took U007 error every time
Old 08-24-2011, 03:48 AM   #822
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
thank you but
i took U007 error every time
Then try this with Duokan:http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/
This time you should copy DK_Documents DK_Picture folders also
Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 AM   #823
coderserdar
Groupie

Quote:
Then try this with Duokan:http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/
This time you should copy DK_Documents DK_Picture folders also
i am so sorry but i see the u0007 error again and again
Old 08-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #824
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
i am so sorry but i see the u0007 error again and again
on the official site of Duokan,there is two threads about this , may help:
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...bFXINYfqXiXr2Q
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...mpERmMimrVK_eA
Quote:
Reply 11 # zefei002
The success of friends
Sum up the reasons:
(1) I only copied the first three bin files to upgrade to fail.
(2) Then I downloaded the installation package, the "package" in the DK_System, DK_Documents and DK_Pictures copied to the root of Kindle, but failed.
(3) Finally, I restored the factory settings, copy the three bin, and (2) in the three folders on the success of friends ~
Grateful to see more of the team, thank you.

72 House
towerman at 2011-7-27 08:42
I have wifi +3 G version of the ad, did not install successfully started, always u0007 error, then re-read the posts get a (1) delete the original test all came to look at things (2) returned to the appearance set (3) Registration (4) copy from the installation package directory more than three came to see (5) will break package of three files to the kindle's root directory (6) turn off wireless, disconnect the usb connection (7) upgrade. If successful will be upgraded for a long time.
Finally succeeded.
What steps do not know in the end work, and I guess there may be two points (1) kindle as possible from the most primitive state of the system to start the installation to see more systems; (2) turn off the wireless network.
Finally, thank the developer's efforts!
Restoring to factory default and turning off the wireless before each try may help for you too.

Last edited by thomass; 08-25-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #825
thomass
Wizard

Update released this week: Lite0826.818.1415.rtm
(Currently this version has problems on its music player)
Quote:
This week update:

New features:
New Bookstore: Book storage network
Support TXT, EPUB format automatic page(use this function, will increase power consumption)

Improvements:
Optimize the system update feature, support for HTTP.
Optimize the UE / UI.

Fix the problem:
Fix for reading books catalog interface to view the current directory when no record of problems.
Fixed in the English language interface, the menu options displayed on the part of the Chinese problem.
After repair of the empty words of this, move the cursor up, restart the machine problems.

Note: the music player there are some problems, temporarily released this week, staff will see more changes as soon as possible!

Last edited by thomass; 08-29-2011 at 08:24 AM.