Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Synful
Synful began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
PLEASE help me...I'm so confused!!!

Okay, this is my first time posting on a forum...so please forgive me if I do something wrong...

I received my K3
I installed Calibre 0.7.44
I installed the Create Kindle Collection Plugin
I've read and read and read "instructions" until frankly I'm so confused I'm ready to scream and cry.

I want to be able to change PDF, Epub, etc to the smallest file size possible for my K3 which I think is the MOBI?

I want to then upload all the conversions into Calibre using Title, Authors, & Series.

On my K3, I want a "collection" for each author that has the books written by that author with the series in the proper order.

EXAMPLE:

COLLECTION TITLE: Adrian Phoenix
BOOK TITLES: A.P. - Heather Wallace, FBI - Dante, Vampire Book 01 - A Rush of Wings
A.P. - Heather Wallace, FBI - Dante, Vampire Book 02 - In the Blood
A.P. - Heather Wallace, FBI - Dante, Vampire Book 03 - Beneath The Skin

Looking at the first book title: The "A.P." is the initials of the actual author just in case they get separated from the collections somehow. The "Heather Wallace, FBI" is the Series name. "Dante, Vampire Book 02 - A Rush of Wings" is the name of the book.

When I upload into Calibre, it shows all information in the correct columns (except the Heather Wallace, FBI has a "[1]" after all three, which I can't get rid of for some reason!!!! IDEAS ON THIS?)

When I upload to my K3....they are not in a collection.

SO. I don't understand. I'm nearly in tears. I've been working on this for over a month now and NOTHING. NOTHING comes close. I've tried doing this Metadata stuff, I've tried plugboards, I've tried templates, but none of it makes any sense!

Are there step by step instructions somewhere that I might have missed? There has to be something somewhere for stupid people like me. I didn't realize how STUPID I was until I wanted to organize my K3....

Please help me ... make it as simple as you can ...
Synful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synful View Post

When I upload into Calibre, it shows all information in the correct columns (except the Heather Wallace, FBI has a "[1]" after all three, which I can't get rid of for some reason!!!! IDEAS ON THIS?)

Please help me ... make it as simple as you can ...
the [1] is the series Index that you did not set to another value.
(Did Someone set the tweak to always use 1 instead of the default next? or is there a subtle spelling/space difference in the series name so every entry is a New series?)
Heather Wallace, FBI [2] would be the second book in the series
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
Synful

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
the [1] is the series Index that you did not set to another value.
(Did Someone set the tweak to always use 1 instead of the default next? or is there a subtle spelling/space difference in the series name so every entry is a New series?)
Heather Wallace, FBI [2] would be the second book in the series

Okay, I know this.........believe it or not. hahaha It shows "next". Everything is identical in each title as shown below.

A.P. - Heather Wallace, FBI - Dante, Vampire Book 01 - A Rush of Wings
A.P. - Heather Wallace, FBI - Dante, Vampire Book 02 - In the Blood
A.P. - Heather Wallace, FBI - Dante, Vampire Book 03 - Beneath The Skin
Old 02-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
At the risk of not being helpful, I confess to be confused myself as to which step in the process you are up to as you seem to indicate a number of questions... lets see if going back to basics help at all...

The normal workflow I would apply is:
  1. Get the books into Calibre. If your book titles exist already on disk with those unusual names, then depending on which Calibre add options you have selected you may require a special regular expression to import them. Otherwise just get them in and edit their names and series to how you like being displayed within Calibre.
  2. Convert the books within Calibre into the format for your output device - in this case for a Kindle you will indeed want to convert to MOBI.
  3. Set your "Save template" in Preferences to reflect how you want the files physically stored on the Kindle when you send them to it.
  4. Use the metadata plugboard in Preferences to ensure that the title metadata in the book (which is what is displayed on the Kindle screen) reflects how you want it displayed on your Kindle.
  5. Install and configure the Kindle collection manager plugin to specify how you want your Kindle collections created. If you are having problems with this step you should raise them in the thread for that plugin
  6. Connect your Kindle and send books to it from Calibre
  7. Use the Kindle plugin to create the collections, following the directions in the first post of the plugin thread.

So which steps have you succeeded with/got stuck on? If it really is just the "collections not working" then again I suggest you post within the thread for that plugin to get support from other users of that plugin? If it is one of the other steps I am sure someone here can help...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
Synful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
At the risk of not being helpful, I confess to be confused myself as to which step in the process you are up to as you seem to indicate a number of questions... lets see if going back to basics help at all...

The normal workflow I would apply is:
  1. Get the books into Calibre. If your book titles exist already on disk with those unusual names, then depending on which Calibre add options you have selected you may require a special regular expression to import them. Otherwise just get them in and edit their names and series to how you like being displayed within Calibre.
  2. Convert the books within Calibre into the format for your output device - in this case for a Kindle you will indeed want to convert to MOBI.
  3. Set your "Save template" in Preferences to reflect how you want the files physically stored on the Kindle when you send them to it.
  4. Use the metadata plugboard in Preferences to ensure that the title metadata in the book (which is what is displayed on the Kindle screen) reflects how you want it displayed on your Kindle.
  5. Install and configure the Kindle collection manager plugin to specify how you want your Kindle collections created. If you are having problems with this step you should raise them in the thread for that plugin
  6. Connect your Kindle and send books to it from Calibre
  7. Use the Kindle plugin to create the collections, following the directions in the first post of the plugin thread.

So which steps have you succeeded with/got stuck on? If it really is just the "collections not working" then again I suggest you post within the thread for that plugin to get support from other users of that plugin? If it is one of the other steps I am sure someone here can help...

Wow...The steps you provided are great...I'm just needing more information for each step.

1. Currently, I edit the title names within my ebooks folder on my pc. After that I upload to Calibre by clicking "ADD BOOKS". I am not sure what you mean by "add options you have selected". I just click "ADD BOOKS", choose the books I want to add and then they are loaded into Calibre. In regards to "Regular Expressions", I've read about them, but I have no idea what they mean, how to use them, or how to make them for that matter. If need be, I can certainly start editing in Calibre instead of on my PC if that is what you think I should do.

I understand the conversion process...I thought MOBI was correct...yay me!

I have no idea about setting my "Save template" in Preferences to reflect how I want the files physically stored on my K3. I have read and read about this, but it doesn't make any sense to me. On my K3 I want my books to read as follows: "A.P.: The Maker's Song 01; Dante, Vampire Series - A Rush of Wings" which would be in the respective collection called "ADRIAN PHOENIX". Now, if this isn't something I can do, I certainly understand. I use the A.P. as a backup for knowing which author is which in case it doesn't end up in the right collection.

4. In regards to the Metadata Plugboard...I have played with that using the information from other people within these forums, and...ya...I haven't gotten very far. I am currently showing: MOBI (format), Kindle2 (Device), {series}{series_index:| |: }{title} (as source template), & Title (Destination Field). I copied this from another person in the forums...but nothing seems to come of it.

I do understand about the Create Kindle Collection plugin...so hopefully that will work once I get the other stuff figured out....I HATE asking for help...usually I can figure it all out from either reading or fiddling around on my own...but this is just ridiculous! I feel so DUMB!

I appreciate all the help you and Ducks has provided!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Wow...The steps you provided are great...I'm just needing more information for each step.
No problem, I didn't want to put too much info in initially as I wasn't sure where you were at.

Quote:
1. Currently, I edit the title names within my ebooks folder on my pc. After that I upload to Calibre by clicking "ADD BOOKS". I am not sure what you mean by "add options you have selected". I just click "ADD BOOKS", choose the books I want to add and then they are loaded into Calibre. In regards to "Regular Expressions", I've read about them, but I have no idea what they mean, how to use them, or how to make them for that matter. If need be, I can certainly start editing in Calibre instead of on my PC if that is what you think I should do.
Ok, by "add options" I meant your settings in Preferences->Adding books. Depending on your setting in there, when you add a book it will either read the metadata (title, author etc) from metadata stored inside the book (if available, only certain formats support this like EPUB), or it will read it from the filename. The "fun" of regular expressions is only needed if the add is needing to use the filename to determine this. If you only have a small number of books, you may just find it all easier to not worry about any of that. Just get the books into Calibre and manually edit the rows in the grid or use the Edit Metadata dialogs to reflect the correct author/title/series for each book. If you have a large collection and all your books have a standard naming format then perhaps someone can give you the regular expression you need.
Quote:
2. I understand the conversion process...I thought MOBI was correct...yay me!
Yay you indeed
Quote:
3. I have no idea about setting my "Save template" in Preferences to reflect how I want the files physically stored on my K3. I have read and read about this, but it doesn't make any sense to me. On my K3 I want my books to read as follows: "A.P.: The Maker's Song 01; Dante, Vampire Series - A Rush of Wings" which would be in the respective collection called "ADRIAN PHOENIX". Now, if this isn't something I can do, I certainly understand. I use the A.P. as a backup for knowing which author is which in case it doesn't end up in the right collection.
On some devices that you connect to Calibre, the way the files are named and folders structured are important, because the device makes use of that as a way to present ways of finding your books on it.

In the case of the Kindle, for that purpose it has less or no relevance I believe. On a Kindle it doesn't matter whether you store the books in a folder per author, or per series, or everything in one giant folder. . For a MOBI file on the Kindle I don't believe the filename has any relevance either, and that the Kindle just looks at the metadata stored in the MOBI file (correct me if wrong someone!). My guess is that it uses the internal MOBI metadata, or else why would you bother with plugboards for a Kindle?
Quote:
4. In regards to the Metadata Plugboard...I have played with that using the information from other people within these forums, and...ya...I haven't gotten very far. I am currently showing: MOBI (format), Kindle2 (Device), {series}{series_index:| |: }{title} (as source template), & Title (Destination Field). I copied this from another person in the forums...but nothing seems to come of it.
I'll let someone else comment on that if they can, I'm not a plugboard guru myself. What I can say is that this will affect how your Kindle displays the title when you look at it on there. However you have to get the data "right" in your "title" and "series" columns first for this to work, which comes from step 1 above.
Quote:
I do understand about the Create Kindle Collection plugin...so hopefully that will work once I get the other stuff figured out....I HATE asking for help...usually I can figure it all out from either reading or fiddling around on my own...but this is just ridiculous! I feel so DUMB!

I appreciate all the help you and Ducks has provided!
Don't worry about it, I don't have a clue how some of this stuff works either . That's what the forum is all about. A while ago I asked if someone could point me to a "Gumbie's guide to getting books on my Kindle", and I believe some work was started on that by the same generous soul who has another invaluable guide to tips and tricks for the Kindle. I haven't had time to visit recently his Wiki pages about it all but you may find them useful - here is the thread discussing it
Old 02-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
Synful

Quote:
No problem, I didn't want to put too much info in initially as I wasn't sure where you were at.

Ok, by "add options" I meant your settings in Preferences->Adding books. Depending on your setting in there, when you add a book it will either read the metadata (title, author etc) from metadata stored inside the book (if available, only certain formats support this like EPUB), or it will read it from the filename. The "fun" of regular expressions is only needed if the add is needing to use the filename to determine this. If you only have a small number of books, you may just find it all easier to not worry about any of that. Just get the books into Calibre and manually edit the rows in the grid or use the Edit Metadata dialogs to reflect the correct author/title/series for each book. If you have a large collection and all your books have a standard naming format then perhaps someone can give you the regular expression you need.

Yay you indeed

On some devices that you connect to Calibre, the way the files are named and folders structured are important, because the device makes use of that as a way to present ways of finding your books on it.

In the case of the Kindle, for that purpose it has less or no relevance I believe. On a Kindle it doesn't matter whether you store the books in a folder per author, or per series, or everything in one giant folder. . For a MOBI file on the Kindle I don't believe the filename has any relevance either, and that the Kindle just looks at the metadata stored in the MOBI file (correct me if wrong someone!). My guess is that it uses the internal MOBI metadata, or else why would you bother with plugboards for a Kindle?

I'll let someone else comment on that if they can, I'm not a plugboard guru myself. What I can say is that this will affect how your Kindle displays the title when you look at it on there. However you have to get the data "right" in your "title" and "series" columns first for this to work, which comes from step 1 above.

Don't worry about it, I don't have a clue how some of this stuff works either . That's what the forum is all about. A while ago I asked if someone could point me to a "Gumbie's guide to getting books on my Kindle", and I believe some work was started on that by the same generous soul who has another invaluable guide to tips and tricks for the Kindle. I haven't had time to visit recently his Wiki pages about it all but you may find them useful - here is the thread discussing it

When I look at my Preferences-> Adding Books, there is nothing marked but "Swap Author Firstname and Lastname". I have a lot of different ebook formats such as PDF, Lit, MOBI, epub and a couple of HTML. I believe those are the main ones I have. I have tons of books btw. So, you believe it would be easier to just import into Calibre and then change the data in all of the columns for each book. Okay, I can handle that. hahaha

I will take a look at the link you provided. Gumbie's guide...now THAT is funny! That made my night!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #8
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Quote:

When I look at my Preferences-> Adding Books, there is nothing marked but "Swap Author Firstname and Lastname". I have a lot of different ebook formats such as PDF, Lit, MOBI, epub and a couple of HTML. I believe those are the main ones I have. I have tons of books btw. So, you believe it would be easier to just import into Calibre and then change the data in all of the columns for each book. Okay, I can handle that. hahaha
As you say you have a lot of books, if their file naming is consistent like "Author - Series - Title" or "Title - Series - Author" or whatever then it would be worth trying to get a regex to suit. However consistent naming conventions are key. If some books just have the author, others just a title, others with the author and title in different orders etc then quite frankly you have a mess that you have to rename the files on to have any hope of success with regular expressions.

If your filenames are consistent, then first try the ability to test the regular expression(s) included with Calibre on the Preferences->Adding books dialog. Copy a filename in (don't forget the extension) and click the Test button and look below to see what Calibre tried to interpret was the Title/Author etc. If you can give some example names - e.g. those names you gave already on this thread, are they how all your files are named? then someone can help you with a regular expression to suit.

Or plan B is to just try to use metadata stored within the file (only certain formats support this). To enable this you must tick the "Read metadata from file contents rather than filename" option in Preferences->Adding books. It might give you a better starting point than filename if you have no idea on the regular expression to use. As I said above only certain book formats support this to varying extents, and the fallback is to use the filename/regular expression approach where it can't find data inside the file. So you may still be in the situation of having to edit the data yourself (but it might be less "wrong").

There are other ways to add such as if you know the ISBNs for each book but those are your main ones. Check out Kovid's video tutorials, the FAQ and user manual too - this stuff should be well covered in there.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
Synful

Quote:
As you say you have a lot of books, if their file naming is consistent like "Author - Series - Title" or "Title - Series - Author" or whatever then it would be worth trying to get a regex to suit. However consistent naming conventions are key. If some books just have the author, others just a title, others with the author and title in different orders etc then quite frankly you have a mess that you have to rename the files on to have any hope of success with regular expressions.

If your filenames are consistent, then first try the ability to test the regular expression(s) included with Calibre on the Preferences->Adding books dialog. Copy a filename in (don't forget the extension) and click the Test button and look below to see what Calibre tried to interpret was the Title/Author etc. If you can give some example names - e.g. those names you gave already on this thread, are they how all your files are named? then someone can help you with a regular expression to suit.

Or plan B is to just try to use metadata stored within the file (only certain formats support this). To enable this you must tick the "Read metadata from file contents rather than filename" option in Preferences->Adding books. It might give you a better starting point than filename if you have no idea on the regular expression to use. As I said above only certain book formats support this to varying extents, and the fallback is to use the filename/regular expression approach where it can't find data inside the file. So you may still be in the situation of having to edit the data yourself (but it might be less "wrong").

There are other ways to add such as if you know the ISBNs for each book but those are your main ones. Check out Kovid's video tutorials, the FAQ and user manual too - this stuff should be well covered in there.

Okay, I'm back...again....and I've been a busy little bee!

1. I've renamed all my books to the following format: Author - Series - Title
(ex: Nora Roberts - Calhoun Woman 01 - Courting Catherine).

2. I've changed the regular expression in Preferences>Adding Books to read:
(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)\s*-\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?

3. I've changed the "save template" in Preferences>Saving Books to Devices to read: {authors} - {title}

4. I've uploaded the books into folders on my K3.

PROBLEM: Now the books have quotation marks before the title of each book. (ex: "" Calhoun Woman 01 - Courting Catherine) Where the hell did those come from???? I was so proud of myself and then I saw those. I think I might have pulled out a chunk of hair after that...I'm not sure....it's a bit blurry. lmao

Thoughts????
Old 02-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #10
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
For the files named as your example, use this in the Prefereces>Adding Books
Code:
^(?P<author>((?!\s-\s).)+)\s-\s(?:(?:\[\s*)?(?P<series>.+)\s(?P<series_index>[\d\.]+)(?:\s*\])?\s-\s)?(?P<title>[^(]+)(?:\(.*\))?
That will import the books, keeping the Series and Series number as well.
(It's one I got from another thread on here - Thanks to orig poster)
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:30 AM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
3. I've changed the "save template" in Preferences>Saving Books to Devices to read: {authors} - {title}

4. I've uploaded the books into folders on my K3.

PROBLEM: Now the books have quotation marks before the title of each book. (ex: "" Calhoun Woman 01 - Courting Catherine) Where the hell did those come from???? I was so proud of myself and then I saw those.
There is no Preferences > Saving Books to Devices. There is Preferences > Saving Books to Disk and Preferences > Sending Books to Devices make sure you have the right thing in the appropriate save template. Also there is a save template in the device plugin located in Preferences > Plugins > Device interface plugin > Kindle 2/3 Device Interface (customize). Make sure this template is also correct.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #12
Synful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
For the files named as your example, use this in the Prefereces>Adding Books
Code:
^(?P<author>((?!\s-\s).)+)\s-\s(?:(?:\[\s*)?(?P<series>.+)\s(?P<series_index>[\d\.]+)(?:\s*\])?\s-\s)?(?P<title>[^(]+)(?:\(.*\))?
That will import the books, keeping the Series and Series number as well.
(It's one I got from another thread on here - Thanks to orig poster)

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, that is not going to work for me. I have everything set up the way I want ... except those stupid quotation marks.

BUT after some more messing around, I found the information I had in my plugboards was overriding my other "requests" hence the quotation marks...so I just deleted the plugboard and bam! All is well! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond to my post!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #13
Synful

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
There is no Preferences > Saving Books to Devices. There is Preferences > Saving Books to Disk and Preferences > Sending Books to Devices make sure you have the right thing in the appropriate save template. Also there is a save template in the device plugin located in Preferences > Plugins > Device interface plugin > Kindle 2/3 Device Interface (customize). Make sure this template is also correct.
I apologize, my fingers were working faster than my brain...I have been working on this for a good 2 weeks now...my brain is fried.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I apologize, my fingers were working faster than my brain...I have been working on this for a good 2 weeks now...my brain is fried.
I'm glad you got it figured out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #15
Synful

Question PDF issues

Okay....and again I'm back....

Everything seems to be converting to the way I want, the books are going to my K3 the way I want...except for PDFs.

These still maintain a title that I do not want. I want everything uniform.

This is what I have under Preferences:

ADDING BOOKS: Regular Expression (?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)\s*-\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?
The above expression has been working perfectly for me...except with PDFs. The PDFs still continue to have the author name in the title of the book, although the Calibre is showing the author and title are separate.

SENDING BOOKS TO DEVICES: {authors}/{title} - {authors} with Automatic Management marked for metadata.
So far the above do-dad is working well...

TWEAKS: # Control formatting of title and series when used in templates save_template_title_series_sorting = 'Strictly_Alphabetic'

This is what I want my K3 to show: Within the collection called Debbie Macomber, a book should read "Angels Everywhere 02 - The Trouble With Angels". CURRENTLY, it is showing Debbie MacomberAngels Everywhere 02 - The Trouble With Angels

SO. How do I get the PDFs to keep the name that I give them when they are uploaded to K3?

Thanks!