Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2006, 01:31 PM   #16
Booky McGee
Booky McGee began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Among other things, I said I'd like to see their eBooks playable on the PSP as well. For one, it's an opportunity for some to try eBooks for the first time on a portable, which could in turn create more interest in the Reader line. It would also be mean more people buying Connect eBooks. I know it's not E-ink, I know it's not sexy, but I'd like the bookstore to make money so I can find more of what I'm looking for. The PSP is flexible enough to add that feature.

I wish I remembered to mention wishlists for the store. It can be a hassle to remember what books I almost bought.
Booky McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #17
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
I been using a trick of dumping what I want into the cart but not purchasing. Using that as a wish list.

The head of Sony Playstation has either been bumped or moved on. So you may get your wish.

But the PSP screen is a bit much to read on. Have a Cowon A2. Its ok, but a side feature. Good in a pinch but the Reader works much better.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #18
Booky McGee
Booky McGee began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Another "Wish I said it" thing that just came to mind - they could cut those storebought ebook margins in half. They're way too beefy, especially at the larger text sizes. I'd rather they went all the way to the edge like .rtf files.

If nothing else, make it a software preference.
Booky McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #19
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booky McGee
Another "Wish I said it" thing that just came to mind - they could cut those storebought ebook margins in half. They're way too beefy, especially at the larger text sizes. I'd rather they went all the way to the edge like .rtf files.

If nothing else, make it a software preference.

I totally agree on this. The screen space is just wasted and results in more page turns and shorter battery life.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think I prefer a small whitespace around the text for readability purposes ... but not half an inch.

they could actually just color the inner edge of the framing white to make me happy -- make it look like screen whitespace, but not take up any screen space.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #21
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh

they could actually just color the inner edge of the framing white to make me happy -- make it look like screen whitespace, but not take up any screen space.
Actually that should be "gray" space Nathan.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #22
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Curses, foiled again!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:45 PM   #23
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
I slammed the Sony Stlye store for overcharging for 2-day shipping when the reader first came out and forcing those of us who would not spend over $100 on shipping to use the horrible ground service that took about 10days to deliver to NJ.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:29 AM   #24
BettyE
Connoisseur
BettyE doesn't litterBettyE doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook / Sony PRS-500 / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G
I slammed the Sony Stlye store for overcharging for 2-day shipping when the reader first came out and forcing those of us who would not spend over $100 on shipping to use the horrible ground service that took about 10days to deliver to NJ.
Greg -

You're right, the ground service was awful. It was some kind of FedEx/USPS combo that kept my Reader sitting in Edison NJ - an hour away - for about 5 days! I was going to complain in the survey, but I got the Reader in 8 days, which was within the time they said, so I felt as if I couldn't complain.

I think the problem was that, every web site always says some long time to be received, but it never REALLY takes that long (except this time!).

Betty
BettyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #25
BettyE
Connoisseur
BettyE doesn't litterBettyE doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook / Sony PRS-500 / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Having reference titles would be useless without a decent search facility. Very few people want to read the Bible, or Shakespeare, from start to finish - you want to go to a specific place to look something up. A search facility, plus pictures in RTF files, are my primary "wants".
Good point, Harry.

Betty
BettyE is offline   Reply With Quote