Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
toddmp
toddmp doesn't littertoddmp doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW
Using Calibre for physical library cataloging. Possible to pull Amazon price info?

Hi, I have inherited from 5k to 10k books from my in-laws estate. For the family I am currently scanning and entering the ISBN info into excel but would like to dump those into Calibre to have it pull the metadata for me so the family can browse what was in the library. I know how to do all of that. However, part of this process would involve selling off portions nobody wants. Is it possible to have Calibre pull highest and lowest selling price from amazon and display it somehow?

todd
toddmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmp View Post
Hi, I have inherited from 5k to 10k books from my in-laws estate. For the family I am currently scanning and entering the ISBN info into excel but would like to dump those into Calibre to have it pull the metadata for me so the family can browse what was in the library. I know how to do all of that. However, part of this process would involve selling off portions nobody wants. Is it possible to have Calibre pull highest and lowest selling price from amazon and display it somehow?

todd
slightly

If you are scanning the ISBN

If you see a 2 section Barcode:
The big part is ISBN the supplemental MAY be price (not always set) with a leading Currency indicator and ASSUMED 2decimals.

50799 =US$ $7.99
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
toddmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
slightly

If you are scanning the ISBN

If you see a 2 section Barcode:
The big part is ISBN the supplemental MAY be price (not always set) with a leading Currency indicator and ASSUMED 2decimals.

50799 =US$ $7.99
good bit of info, thanks. still hoping one of the plugins can pull current price info.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I almost forgot this one
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05&postcount=1
which scrapes a Web site. You only need to add your get price tweak in the (user) configuration section
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #5
toddmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I almost forgot this one
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05&postcount=1
which scrapes a Web site. You only need to add your get price tweak in the (user) configuration section
thanks, will check that one out!