Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 AM   #16
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
No success, Calibre is still applying a pagebreak before and after the image. <sigh> I'm about to give up.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #17
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Not sure what to tell you. Probably best to post a reproducable sample epub (need only be a couple chapters of the book) here.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #18
Grace2354
Grace2354 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
No success, Calibre is still applying a pagebreak before and after the image. <sigh> I'm about to give up.
I know that this thread is quite old, but I recently started to try converting .epub to .mobi so I could send my files to my kindle touch using email. The only issue was that I was getting a page break after every chapter image. It got quite annoying after reading halfway into the book! But I found a way around it that seems to work for me!

When I do a conversion, I go to structure detection, and where it says "chapter mark" and I set this as "none".

After that, I go down to where it says "Insert Page Breaks Before (XPath expression):
I type in the following, //h:header or //h:h1. This seems to work consistently for me!

The important part is that I noticed that each chapter generally started out with [header] or [h] or something like that. I guess this would be the same for most ebooks? It might be something different, but whatever heading is used for each chapter, I use that for the XPath expression for inserting page breaks.

Hope this helps!
Grace2354 is offline   Reply With Quote