Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
pchoi902
pchoi902 began at the beginning.

Device: k2
iGo for K2

Does anyone have this for the K2? Do you think it is worth it? How long is your battery life?
pchoi902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
I love it! I have tips for my Kindle 2, Iphone, shuffle and sony reader. I also have their usb adapter, the tips fit on that too, so you don't have to bring your computer cords either.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
The battery life on the K2 is great. I know others have posted their experience in the forums. I use the iGo tip for the K2 all the time. It's very handy. I use iGo for my laptop, cell phone, etc. I'll have to look into the USB adapter that Devon mentioned.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
I just found out on vacation that the USB adapter will only charge your Kindle, it will not transfer data. I was not happy as I was out of the country and wispernet wasn't working. It was still handy in that I could charge my computer, kindle and phone at the same time. The cruise ship only offers one outlet.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Can someone explain to me exactly what the iGo is and what it does?

From their website, it seems as if the device is just an ordinary power adapter. Why would I need this? What is the advantage, for example, over the adapter that comes with the K2?

Sorry if I sound dense. I'm obviously missing something.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
iGo is a set of power adapters that have differing tips. So you buy the power adapter of your choice and then for every other device you buy the tips to go with it.

So for example, if you want, you purchase the car adapter and the tip for the K2 and the tip for your cell phone and the tip for your mp3 player. But you've only bought one car charger with up to three tips.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-07-2009 at 03:05 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the clarification, JS. It makes sense. I'm not sure I would need this myself, but I can see where others might.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Its a useful package, but for those who really love all of these devices...
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:38 AM   #9
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I will have to look into this. I have a huge pile of CORDS on my desk that I could do without. (phone charger, usb cord for 505 and now AC Charger, Ipod cord, and camera cord). Thanks for sharing!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #10
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
The iGo is great if you travel. For example, I just went on a trip where I carried my iGo Charger (& car charger) with tips for my Kindle, iPod, Garmin Nuvi, and Motorola Q9h phone. I can't imagine carrying 4 chargers. It seems to work well on the Kindle with no issues.
Cheers, Joe Mac
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
What I do is carry the K2 plug adapter and all the USB cables for my devices. Not as convenient as iGo but I can still use the USB cables to transfer data. Between the kids and I, we need two USB cables to charge our phones, one to charge our iPods, and one for my Kindle.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #12
Mike L
Wizard

Let me ask you experts something .....

My Kindle 2 comes with a USB cable that plugs into a (US-style 2-pin) AC plug supplied by Amazon.

My iPod Touch comes with a USB cable that plugs into a (UK-style 3-pin) AC plug supplied by Apple.

Is there anything to stop me using the same AC plug with both devices? (Ignoring the fact that one is US and the other UK, which is easily fixed using an adapter).

Each of the mains plugs has got a standard USB input. If I could use the same plug with any USB-rechargeable device, I would only have to carry around that one plug (either the UK or US version, depending on where I'm travelling) plus the USB cable for the specific device.

Does this make sense?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Hello Mike - I am not an expert but I have experimented with a cheapie Apple AC adapter (US Version) and have had it work with the Amazon USB cable. I see where you are going and just want to lighten the load of various adapters.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
Mike L
Wizard

Thanks for that, JoeC.

It's sounds logical that the same plug should work for all devices. After all, the device only knows that it's getting power from a USB port. Whether that port is in a computer or a mains plug shouldn't make any difference.

At least, that' my theory. I might try it on my old MP3 player before I entrust it to my Kindle or Touch.