Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
horatio
horatio is on a distinguished road

Device: Irex Iliad, Bookeen Opus
Smile DEV: pagebar with integrated clock

Hello,

I've modified a bit the sources of the pagebar to include a clock right below the page number.

The result is included in the attached zip file, along with the modified sources (in the tar.gz).

The original pageBar can be downloaded from irex at PageBar.tar.gz.

Only two files are modified on the iliad, the executable itself and one of the icons in /usr/share/pagebar.

As for the clock itself, it will only update whenever there is a page refresh, working in a similar way to the one included on the Hanlin V3.

I've included an installer (which makes a previous backup of the original pageBar and icon) and an uninstaller (which restores the original files).

Hope this is useful for you all!

cheers,
horacio
Attached Files
File Type: zip clockpagebar.zip (73.9 KB, 515 views)
File Type: gz clockPageBar.tar.gz (197.5 KB, 444 views)
horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
horatio

I forgot to tell you should restart after install/uninstall to load and display pagebar in the correct order

more cheers

horacio
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Hello Horatio,

Cool little addition! Nicely packaged too! I've installed it. I've sent you some karma...

The installer fails on the Iliad V2 (non book edition) because it has version 2.12 instead of 2.12.1 (which is compatible). You can accept both versions by changing Firmware_Script to 2.12, and changing test in the install script:
Code:
old test: if [ "$Firmware_iLiad" = "$Firmware_Script" ]; then  
new test: if echo $Firmware_iLiad | grep $Firmware_Script - ; then
I had the same problem with the new contenLister (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35374 post 30). If you make a new release, you might as well strip clockPageBar to reduce it's size)

Welcome in the developers corner
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Adding some clock into the pagebar icon? Quite interesting mod. That's really creative thinking.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Great! I hope you do a lot more enhancements for the iLiad!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
horatio

clockpagebar UPDATE

Hello all,

just a little update to include hansel suggestions. Thanks!

The new stripped file size is 21572 bytes, just a little smaller than the original

The installer now includes hansel's version test.

The rest is the same

cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip clockpagebar.zip (48.3 KB, 510 views)
Old 01-27-2009, 03:30 AM   #7
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Thank you!!

Thanks a million, Horatio! You are one hell of a genius!!
This works perfectly with the iliad V2. I did not even have to reboot to have the clock displayed...

Great addition indeed!!!

Thanks,

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Hey horatio, what a creative idea. Using pagebar instead of toolbar. Well done.
A screenshot is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clockPageBar.png
Views:	667
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	22146  

Last edited by yokos; 01-27-2009 at 09:34 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
horatio

Hey yokos!

thanks for the screenshot!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
Hi. I love the idea of a clock on my iLiad. So I install the new version because I've a v2 iliad. After I've installed it the menu fell down at the bottom of the screen and the pagebar disappeared and now I can't open any books. I hope any of you guys out there can help me pleas.

Lars
vblars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #11
AlexC
Connoisseur
AlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad; iRex iLiad
Lars - did you reboot after installing?
AlexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #12
kallimachos
kallimachos began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd Edition
Thank you, Horatio.

Works very well.

Ciao, Kallimachos
kallimachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:41 AM   #13
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
Lars - did you reboot after installing?
Yes I did and I also did an uninstall. Nothing work maybe I shall install cf-card-contents maybe that works any thoughts.

Lars
Old 01-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #14
vblars
Enthusiast

Installing cf-card-contents did help now my iliad works fine
Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #15
horatio

glad it worked for you also, lars!

cheers!