Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
salwa
salwa began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Question frozen half white monitor ?

Hi everyone , my 505 sonyreader monitor is frozen and half of it is white !!!!
I don't know how to fix it , is it the battery ? cause I've not use it for a long time . full charging the battery did not fix the problem !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13112011(004).jpg
Views:	426
Size:	480.7 KB
ID:	78936  
salwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
the photo quality is horrible but it looks like a physically damaged screen (broken glass substrate) which can not be fixed
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
salwa

The screen is not broken at all, there is a white strap taking half of the page .
Old 11-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's broken alright. The break is not on the surface (not on the side you see) but inside the display.

Other examples with pictures https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154223 (especially the pic that shows the back of the display, you can see the cracks in the glass substrate)
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
salwa

I see , thanks any way , now I have to forget all about my sonyreader .
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Yes, I will confirm that the picture shows a broken screen. Sorry for your loss.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, that's an absolutely classic picture of a broken screen substrate.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote