Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #241
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by esunk View Post
BTW If I jailbreak does it void the warranty and is there a way to unjailbreak it?
The jailbreaks and other hacks that have an install*.bin also have a corresponding uninstall*.bin file. Just install the uninstaller to uninstall the jailbreak. Other hacks using .bin files work the same way.

Regarding the warranty, some people reported that amazon replaced their dead kindle even when they told amazon support that it had jailbreak installed.

Some people also had their kindles replaced when they broke the screen and told amazon support, even though broken screens are not officially covered by the warranty.

It probably depends on who you talk to at amazon, and how nicely you talk to them.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:21 PM   #242
dmahurdle
dmahurdle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (w/ special offers)
Yet another Noob at kindle hacking here:

I've hacked android, linux, windows, etc. before, but the kindle is a new one for me. I am very familiar with the linux terminal commands, etc

So here's my problem: The update won't compelte. I am using a kindle keyboard with special offers, running firmware 3.3. I am using the update_launchpad_0.0.1c_k3w_install.bin file. When I run the update program it just says "Update unsuccessful, restarting kindle".

Any suggestions?
dmahurdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #243
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Well, just the obvious, but: you did jailbreak your Kindle before trying to install launchpad, right? And you're sure it worked?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #244
dmahurdle
dmahurdle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (w/ special offers)
Yeah... I feel kinda stupid now. I forgot to jailbreak. Thanks for the response. Everything is working now.
dmahurdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #245
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
posted in the wrong thread - you can delete this post (wasn't abe to delete myslef :S)

Last edited by damaru; 02-18-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: wrong thread
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #246
fluminense
fluminense began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Even tough I've skipped thru almost the whole thread, maybe my question already was answered before...

I'm missing a launchpad shortcut to fast switch kindle's primary dictionary.
It could be a shortcut to activate a specific dictionary, or to cycle thru a list of dictionaries.

Any clue as to where the current dictionary setting is stored?

Thanks.
fluminense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #247
bartek
bartek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4; iPad
Gents,

Sorry for silly question:
Is it available launchpad for Kindle 4 Wifi (non-touch, non-3G)?
In the archive i do not see files for that platform.

Thanks in advance for response.
bartek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #248
alban
Enthusiast
alban began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi Thanks for the work on LP. I'm trying to write an ini so it inputs my email address into text box in browser. I know nothing really but have managed to get it to enter the first part automatically but it goes wrong after entering @. With # before the string I get only a few letters of 'yahoo.co.uk' and with no symbol before the action sequence it puts a 2 instead of @ but gets the rest of the letters right! I'm sure its simple but I cant sus it.... Thanks for any pointers.
Actually I noticed that when inputting symbols normally in K3 I had to pause after using Sym box or the next letter wouldn't be recognised... so is that the problem here? Can I introduce a 'pause' somehow after the LP script string accesses a symbol like @?

Last edited by alban; 03-04-2012 at 02:13 PM.
alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #249
edmchow
edmchow began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alban View Post
Hi Thanks for the work on LP. I'm trying to write an ini so it inputs my email address into text box in browser. I know nothing really but have managed to get it to enter the first part automatically but it goes wrong after entering @. With # before the string I get only a few letters of 'yahoo.co.uk' and with no symbol before the action sequence it puts a 2 instead of @ but gets the rest of the letters right! I'm sure its simple but I cant sus it.... Thanks for any pointers.
Actually I noticed that when inputting symbols normally in K3 I had to pause after using Sym box or the next letter wouldn't be recognised... so is that the problem here? Can I introduce a 'pause' somehow after the LP script string accesses a symbol like @?
I'm using the following script and it works for me. just put 4 'Shift' right after the special characters @ or .
eg. email address: abcde@gmail.com
A = #'Del' "abcde@' 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' "gmail." 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' "com"
edmchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #250
alban
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmchow View Post
I'm using the following script and it works for me. just put 4 'Shift' right after the special characters @ or .
eg. email address: abcde@gmail.com
A = #'Del' "abcde@' 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' "gmail." 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' "com"
Thanks a lot for responding!
Including the Del command just typed a D and stopped there but when I removed that and got the spacing right between the quote marks it all worked. That's great - cheers for ending my frustration! Only problem I have now is that LP capitalises the first letter of each word so my password isn't accepted! Haven't got a fix for that by any chance?!

Last edited by alban; 03-05-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #251
edmchow
edmchow began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alban View Post
Thanks a lot for responding!
Including the Del command just typed a D and stopped there but when I removed that and got the spacing right between the quote marks it all worked. That's great - cheers for ending my frustration! Only problem I have now is that LP capitalises the first letter of each word so my password isn't accepted! Haven't got a fix for that by any chance?!
Try this script, it will make the email address and password fill up automatically for one command

email address: abcde@gmail.com password: edcba
A = #'Del' "abcde@' 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' "gmail." 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' 'Shift' "com" 'k3_FW_Down' 'Del' "edcba" 'Enter'
edmchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #252
alban
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot. Will try that.
Where did you find these command/key definitions?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #253
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
I tried an idea: I would like to use a launchpad key command to modify reader.pref and restart the framework after a mistaken modification by Aa menu. I.E. the modifications changed back by Aa menu are the lines

Code:
FONT_FAMILY= 
HORIZONTAL_MARGIN=
In launchpad folder I put the readerpref.sh file with the following contents:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sed -i "s/FONT_FAMILY=.*/FONT_FAMILY=alt/" /mnt/us/system/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref
sed -i "s/HORIZONTAL_MARGIN=.*/HORIZONTAL_MARGIN=15/" /mnt/us/system/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref
/etc/init.d/framework restart &
In a personal launchpad ini file I put the lines

Code:
;; edit reader.pref
R P = !/mnt/us/launchpad/readerpref.sh
After this you need to restart launchpad and all is OK. Do not forget: the readerpref.sh file has to have Unix EOLs or it will not work.

My only issue is that framework restart actually restarts the whole kindle, not only the framework, as it should.

Last edited by hfpop; 03-14-2012 at 06:54 PM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #254
citron
citron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
how to start Launchpad

Sorry for my stupid question but Im trying about an hour to setup Launchpad.

I installed Launchpad and some application and I got this log in the launchpad.log

Code:
Attempting to read key definitions from /mnt/us/launchpad/keydefs.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/servicecmds.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/fbreader.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/rce.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/launchpad.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/mplayer.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/kpdf.ini
*** action summary:
1: Shift Space = kill -HUP `pidof launchpad` &
2: Shift I = /mnt/us/launchpad/customupdate.sh
3: Shift S = powerd_test -p
4: Shift A = /etc/init.d/framework restart &
5: Shift C = kill -CONT `pidof cvm` &
6: Shift R = shutdown -r now &
7: Shift H = shutdown -h now &
8: F B = /mnt/us/FBReader/goqt.sh FBReader &
9: F R = /mnt/us/fbKindle/goqt.sh FBReader &
10: M L = /mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh playlist
11: M A = /mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh playall
12: M R = /mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh playrand
13: M Space = /mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh pause
14: M S = /mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh stop
15: M P = /mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh prev
16: M N = /mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh next
17: P P = /mnt/us/launchpad/kpdf.sh
18: P D = /mnt/us/launchpad/kpdf.sh /mnt/us/documents
but only command which worked was Shift Shift Space to reload.

I restarted the Kindle and log file is empty.

How can I run Kindle PDF reader ( Shift P P) doesnt work.

after I press any key the search menu will pop up...

Any Help?

Thanks
citron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #255
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Is it possible to install launchpad on a DXG that is already hacked to run the Kindle 3 firmware?
(the same question applies to kindlepdfviewer... Actually, I tried to install launchpad so as to install pdfviewer thereafter, but no folder is created in the Kindle drive (nor do I see any new files indicating launchpad) despite the "update successfull" sign on the screen...
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote