Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
Connecting USB causes random results with PB360?

Most of the time when I connect USB my 360 will boot. Other times when I connect it red charging light comes on and it starts charging. When I re-attach USB after boot it usually does what I want and asks whether I want pc link or charge.

Is this known bug in 14.2 or should I be worried? Boot is fast so it isn't big deal. Just wondering what is the problem.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Yes same here, but seems to be normal. U need most of the times two attempts to connect to usb.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I think the recommended procedure is to boot first and connect later.
I do that and get a clean connection at the first try every time.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I've always connected my USB while the reader is on, so I've never experienced anything like that.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:06 AM   #5
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Ups then it seems that I have a hardware issue as well, not good.
It is from the beginning on, no matter of I am in the main menu or in a book. The reader is and when I plug the USB in every second time the PB does a restart, then its back into the main menu.
Then I pull and push the usb back in. Then the question if Computer or loading pops up.

BUT, When I look at the screen when connected to USB, this is written on the screen.
-> USB-Verbindung zum Computer hergestellt. Verbindung nicht vor Ende der Datenübertragung trennen! Systembedingt zum Verbinden das USB-Kabel nach dem Gerätestart evtl. erneut einstecken.

-> USB conncted to PC. Do not remove before Datatransfer is done. Based on the System it may be necessary to replug after Booting.

Thats why I thought its normal to replug, it also happens when I just connect the Powersupply
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, what firmware are you using?
Wasn't improved USB one of the changes in 15.x?
I never had USB issues with 14.2 but I *am* running 15.1...
(Just a bit of truth-in-advertising. )
Old 06-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Hmm, what firmware are you using?
Wasn't improved USB one of the changes in 15.x?
I never had USB issues with 14.2 but I *am* running 15.1...
(Just a bit of truth-in-advertising. )
I use 14.2 since for me rock solid stability is extremely important. Little booting at USB connecting is no big deal.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameli View Post
I use 14.2 since for me rock solid stability is extremely important. Little booting at USB connecting is no big deal.
Same to me, I tested 15.2 some days but reverted back to 14.2
For USB thing there was no difference in behaviour.

Also tried Hardreset but still the same issue.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Just checking. Hardware issues are no fun.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Just checking. Hardware issues are no fun.
U are correct, but sinve I read the text when USB is connected I was not shure if its really hardware flaw.

Did the service received PB 360 with that issue, maybe some of u could check. I dont want to send it in for nothing. If its really a problem its maybe better to get it repaired.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
darkforce
Enthusiast
darkforce began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
What I found is, My PC randomly recognize PB360 after plugged it. (Firmware is 15.1)
Nothing problem but dual boot and random USB issue.

[Update] I solved USB problem by turning on PB before plug it. It works!

Last edited by darkforce; 06-07-2010 at 09:55 AM.
darkforce is offline   Reply With Quote