Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
Zuhair
Zuhair began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad
Question AZW3 and EPUB page flipping right to left RTL

Can I add page-progression-direction = "rtl" in the metadata.opf in AZW3 files?

I'm creating Arabic e-Books, everything went fine but the pages are flipping from left to right.

I added this line into metadata.opf

<spine toc="ncx" page-progression-direction="rtl">

It's still flipping from left to right.

The same things applies to EPUB.
Zuhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:02 AM   #2
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Try adding:
Code:
<meta name="primary-writing-mode" content="horizontal-rl" />
in metadata section of OPF file.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2015, 03:36 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhair View Post
I'm creating Arabic e-Books, everything went fine but the pages are flipping from left to right.
That is the default behavior, because you'd swipe from right to left only in books with Latin characters.

Think about it: if you're reading a physical Arabic book, you'd hold it with the spine on the right and you'd have to move the pages from left to right.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #4
msh2050
Enthusiast
msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad , Kindle PW3
is there a solution for kfx
rtl span is not working
msh2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by msh2050 View Post
is there a solution for kfx
rtl span is not working
Span? Or did you set the OPF? Can you show us the code?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2017, 07:10 AM   #6
msh2050
Enthusiast
msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.

thanks Hitch
sorry I mean spine

<itemref idref="item0" linear="no"/>
<itemref idref="item1"/>
<itemref idref="item2"/>
</spine>
Old 12-24-2017, 07:22 AM   #7
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Think about it: if you're reading a physical Arabic book, you'd hold it with the spine on the right and you'd have to move the pages from left to right.
What an elegant description!

(I happen to be very conscious of book position because I am reading the new Stalin biography -- Waiting for Hitler -- which is a thousand-plus pages and weighs so much that one never forgets its orientation, especially when lying on one's back.)
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:21 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks Hitch
sorry I mean spine

<itemref idref="item0" linear="no"/>
<itemref idref="item1"/>
<itemref idref="item2"/>
</spine>
Must be the holidays, my brain is mush. Are you using ePUB2, then? Not ePUB3? Is that right? That's the only place you've set RTL?

Hitch
Old 12-25-2017, 03:49 AM   #9
msh2050
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Must be the holidays, my brain is mush. Are you using ePUB2, then? Not ePUB3? Is that right? That's the only place you've set RTL?

Hitch
it is ePUB3.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
it is ePUB3.
With an NCX?

Hitch