Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Compere
Compere began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Phone 7, Trekstor Pyrus
Scan ISBN Code with Webcam

Is there a way to Scan a ISBN Code directly via a Webcam to Calibre?
Compere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo_b View Post
Is there a way to Scan a ISBN Code directly via a Webcam to Calibre?
I don't think a webcam has the precision.

A standard, Keyboard Wedge barcode reader works (did my 900+ paper books into Add from ISBN (in batches odf 20 to allow resolving problems. And there are problems with books as old as I have BBC)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just for the heck of it, take a look at http://zbar.sourceforge.net/ and see if that helps at all.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
fancy-fones can read QR & Barcodes - then you just need a way to get the ISBN out of your fone into your computers paste buffer (clipboard) - there may be an app to that.

I saw a shopper the other day reading QR codes with his fancy-fone as he put his groceries into the trolley - didn't ask why he was bigger than me :lol:

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is also http://www.quickmark.com.tw/en/basic/downloadPC.asp
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
MelBr
Zealot
MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I don't think a webcam has the precision.

Sure it has. I've been scanning ISBN codes into Delicious Library since 2008 or so... using my notebook's built-in, SD, camera.

There should be a free code somewhere to do that...
MelBr is offline   Reply With Quote