Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #76
mobilewilier
Connoisseur
mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmurph View Post
Those look (and sound) exactly the same! But you say yours has a magnetic closure?? I'm intrigued. Mine doesn't have one, but the description says they do. Maybe they do, but mine is just too weak?

Ha, that's an understatement! Impossible is more like it. It took me almost a half hour (and a near panic attack) to get mine out.

However, I eventually came up with a fix for that. (described in post #42) Now my kindle comes out with no trouble.
Correction: It has no magnetic closure. I have edited my post above. Oops.

Also, to remove it, i had to wrap a cloth over the metal protrusion from a stapler and use that as a wrench to "dig out" the PW from the unofficial case. I needed the help of a friend as we slowly levered the sucker out!!!

Frequent removal of PW is NOT recommended
mobilewilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:38 AM   #77
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
DuckieTiger, I hope your wife won't regret it. What color does she want?
For her it is going to be the purple, for me I am not sure yet. She will like it - the official cover for the KT in black she likes. So I don't see what would be wrong with PW one.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #78
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I don't see what would be wrong with PW one.
The purple border around the paperwhite while reading is what could end up bothering her, though the purple is not as bright as some of the other colors.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #79
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Vmurph, I thought the light blue looked intriguing as well, though I don't usually get anything in blue. It looks like such a pretty summery shade.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #80
toddmp
toddmp doesn't littertoddmp doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW
got my light brown one today from the OP's first post. this thing is fantastic.
toddmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #81
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmp View Post
got my light brown one today from the OP's first post. this thing is fantastic.
So what do you think of the leather? Does it seem genuine to you? Also, how does the color compare to the photos? Mine is black, so I have no frame of reference.

Is the light brown exactly the same as the photo? If not, is it lighter or darker, and by how much?
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #82
xendula
eBookworm

^ Or, would you like to post a picture? *hint*
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #83
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
How long did your delivery take, toddmp?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #84
toddmp
toddmp doesn't littertoddmp doesn't litter

Shipping took 10ish days. here are pics. you guys are gonna love this case. Typical bonded leather used in cheap leather items, but you wont be disappointing.

[Images exceeds guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-06-2014 at 02:04 PM.
toddmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #85
xendula
eBookworm

Thanks for the pics!!! It looks GOOD in this color - like an old book!
Where the heck are mine?!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #86
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Certainly isn't quite up to par with the official cover, but at about 1/4 of the price, that does look pretty darn good Thanks for taking those photos!
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #87
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
I ordered one from EBay on the 25th and another for a gift from AliExpress on the 27th. Haven't received either. The one from AliExpress has tracking. It was mailed on the 29th, processed through sort facility on the 30th and has said Origin Post is Preparing Shipment ever since. Has anyone else had this result?
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #88
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine from aliexpress says this:
Wed, 28.11.2012 20:16 h
China
The shipment has arrived at the parcel center of origin
Fri, 30.11.2012 15:13 h
China
The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization.

I'd guess yours is still sitting in customs, but that's really just a guess. Shipping times from China to anywhere else seem to be all over the place. Same applies even to shipping stuff from the US to Germany. I've placed several orders with threadless.com and while the last one took merely 8 days, I've had others take at least 4 weeks. So with cheap international shipping: be prepared to wait
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #89
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
and wait and wait.... Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #90
xendula
eBookworm

I ordered mine on 11/25 when I started this thread, and am still waiting. I don't have a tracking number, but it shows an estimated delivery date of 11/27-12/10. Hmmmm.