Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #31
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Indeed. Whenever anybody points out the lack of SD storage on the device, you keep replying that you can access your NAS. Getting old too, by the way.
I guess you didn't read what I wrote. Kingston Wi-Drive, look. It up.

There is a difference between stating facts & stating flat out untruths. Especially when trying to give someone buying advice.

Getting old having to correct you folks who don't know what you're talking about.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #32
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I guess you didn't read what I wrote. Kingston Wi-Drive, look. It up.

There is a difference between stating facts & stating flat out untruths. Especially when trying to give someone buying advice.

Getting old having to correct you folks who don't know what you're talking about.
Look, the kindle fire does not have SD card support - can't be refuted. The kindle fire, like pretty much all android phones and idevices can access NAS or WiFi storage, nobody is denying that. If you are happy with your device and made the purchase knowing that it had no SD support, then good for you. But please don't twist the facts about SD support, there's nothing wrong with a device not having it provided you are informed ahead and know what you are getting.

Also, if you read Greg_E post, he refers to storage you connect via the USB interface, whereas your Kingston is WiFi. You obviously can't connect such a device directly to an idevice thanks to apple's stubbornness with proprietary connectors, though there may be an adapter they would be happy to sell you for an inflated price.

Last edited by afv011; 11-24-2011 at 10:13 PM.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #33
Greg_E
Zealot
Greg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheese

Device: Acer Iconia a500, XP tablet PC
You can now (or soon) connect real storage devices to an iThing, a company is bringing out an app that allows the camera connection kit to work with regular drives or is bringing another USB device to do the same... The camera connection kit is of course another $99 which seems to be pretty standard for real licensed devices for an iHardware thing.

OK, the email suggested I could buy the Transformer earlier for the sale price, I didn't put it in my cart because I wasn't interested in buying it since I have an a500. Another 45 minutes and you should be able to buy the transformer (not the new Prime) for the sale price... Picking nits here.

Last edited by Greg_E; 11-24-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #34
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
You can now (or soon) connect real storage devices to an iThing, a company is bringing out an app that allows the camera connection kit to work with regular drives or is bringing another USB device to do the same... The camera connection kit is of course another $99 which seems to be pretty standard for real licensed devices for an iHardware thing.
The camera connection kit is $29, not $99. And as far as I'm aware Apple is still keeping the APIs private for it, so no app store app can use it. Though it has long been possible on jailbroken devices.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #35
Greg_E
Zealot
Greg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheese

Device: Acer Iconia a500, XP tablet PC
A coworker and I were looking at storage and he said there was something coming and I remember the price of $99. I may have to ask him next week what it was and where the info is located, it must have been a new device if the camera kit is only $30. The discussion started because he was thinking about getting one of the wifi drives from Seagate (I think).

If you wanted to go the long way 'round, you could get a wifi drive, remove the drive and put in an SD card to sata adapter which would then give you SD cards to the iDevices, won't be too long before someone makes something like this.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #36
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Look, the kindle fire does not have SD card support - can't be refuted. The kindle fire, like pretty much all android phones and idevices can access NAS or WiFi storage, nobody is denying that. If you are happy with your device and made the purchase knowing that it had no SD support, then good for you. But please don't twist the facts about SD support, there's nothing wrong with a device not having it provided you are informed ahead and know what you are getting.

Also, if you read Greg_E post, he refers to storage you connect via the USB interface, whereas your Kingston is WiFi. You obviously can't connect such a device directly to an idevice thanks to apple's stubbornness with proprietary connectors, though there may be an adapter they would be happy to sell you for an inflated price.
Ok
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote