Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
michael_h
michael_h began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ebook reader
desktop cannot update database after 1.8.1 upgrade

I have searched, but haven't come across this error yet. I've upgraded my original Kobo with the 1.8.1 firmware. The upgrade appeared to proceed without a problem; and, I was able to read the books on the Kobo device fine.

I went to sync my Kobo with the desktop (upgraded to version 1.8) and I keep getting the same error "We are unable to update your device's database. Syncing cannot be completed"

I've tried doing a hard reset on the Kobo device (using the paper clip), and have replaced the sqlite database (remembering to also copy over the kepub directory). I still cannot sync with the Kobo desktop.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? All help is appreciated.
michael_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
did you replace all 3 files that are in the 1.8DB file? I think you also have to replace the images folder
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
michael_h

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
did you replace all 3 files that are in the 1.8DB file? I think you also have to replace the images folder
My fault for not being clear. When I copied the sqlite database and kepub folder, I had also copied over the images folder.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
I would uninstall the kobo desktop and then reinstall it either from teh file on the kobo or from a download from the kobo site
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
michael_h

Update

Re-installing the desktop was the trick. Once I had done that, everything worked fine.
Advert