Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Sigil has encountered

I have just transitioned to a new 64bit HP Pavilion w/ Win 7. I have installed Sigil 0.2.0 64bit version.

I load a html file and once loaded I select SAVE AS.
I get an immediate report 'Sigil has encountered a problem'. There is a link to the Issue page at Sigil home.

Is there something I have/have not done to cause this problem or is there a true issue here.

Should an Issue be raised on getting this message or should it be checked here first?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I believe the error message provides all the information. It tells you to create a new issue on the tracker and to paste in the text you get when you click on "More details".

That debug info is crucial.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
No Problem on Vista

Problem not seen on 64 bit HP Pavilion, 6GB running Vista.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I believe the error message provides all the information. It tells you to create a new issue on the tracker and to paste in the text you get when you click on "More details".

That debug info is crucial.

I have tried copying the data from the error dialog box but that doesn't seem to work. So how do I get the details. As a typist, I'm a premier astronaut.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I have tried copying the data from the error dialog box but that doesn't seem to work.
What do you mean "it doesn't work"? Pasting text can't "not work".

Select the text, press CTRL+C and then CTRL+V into the issue report.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
What do you mean "it doesn't work"? Pasting text can't "not work".

Select the text, press CTRL+C and then CTRL+V into the issue report.
What youn say is usually true. I highlight the text in the details, do CTRL+C and then a CTRL+V into this message. Below is the result.

---------------------------
Sigil
Sigil has encountered a problem.
Please <a href="http://code.google.com/p/sigil/wiki/ReportingIssues">report it</a> on the issue tracker, including the details from this dialog.
Close Hide Details...
Old 05-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
Valloric

Quote:
Below is the result.
I don't get it. Those are not the details from the dialog, that's the dialog message.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
What youn say is usually true. I highlight the text in the details, do CTRL+C and then a CTRL+V into this message. Below is the result.

Sigil
Sigil has encountered a problem.
Please <a href="http://code.google.com/p/sigil/wiki/ReportingIssues">report it</a> on the issue tracker, including the details from this dialog.
Close Hide Details...
Same thing happened to me when I got an error and used CTRL+C. Instead, try right clicking on the message and choose "copy" from the menu that appears. Then you should be able to use CTRL+V to paste the message.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote