Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #16
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Last year my local stores ran out of Sony readers on or right after Black Friday. They did get a few new ones in after that, but I had to call around to find one. I recommend keeping an eye out for any sales or coupons and buying earlier rather than later. Remember also the new Kindles last year sold out really soon.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #17
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Love Black Friday. Last year I got my HP tablet Laptop (I love that I can rotate the screen) for $1480 with an immediate 50% off on the final price of $740 (so whatever you builded, you get it for 50% off). Of course I spent my entire Friday trying to get this deal; I was smart enough to build my laptop the night before and create an account and saved it at cart. The server was down all day (you only had a 6 hour window to get this deal), I must have hit refresh at least a 1000 times, but it was worth a $740 savings! So you don't have to leave your house to get some Black Friday deals but there are set time windows for the online deals and if it's a great deal, you have a tremendous server jam for that online store! Many a time its sold out quickly.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Black Friday"? What the heck is that?
Didn't we have this conversation last year?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #19
Vego
Vego began at the beginning.

Device: Sonys PRS
Thanks.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be scanning the horizons in September/October, and putting in my order in November then.

Luckily, we don't have shopping Black Friday's in Norway, so no insane consumer frienzy (trip-your-neighbour-to-get-that-last-device-hysteria) here. Only well thought through shopping procedures...

(yeah right)

Fitting name though, given it has it's origins from a financial crisis (according to wikipedia).

To all of you wishing to be members of my family, remember, <begin-flute-music> being generous to family members hasn't popped up by itself. My family has been more than generous to me throughout the years. Take care of your family, neighbours and friends, and they'll take care of you. </end-flute-music> Except, of course, those pesky little brats my sister popped out a few years ago... NO E-BOOK READER FOR YOU! :-)

Nuff said, and thanks again. I'll be back bugging you in two months, after reading up a little on release-littereature. Great site you have, with lots of good advice!
Vego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #20
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I agree that for consumer electronics (purchased as a Christmas gift), your decision should be made as late as possible allowing for delivery. Some devices may be introduced for this holiday season in September / October. By November you should have some feedback to help make an informed decision about which device can provide the best bang for your buck. Good luck with your purchase... I hope your family members appreciate your generosity.

RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #21
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
The first thing I thought of was BLACK FRIDAY!! The best day of the year for bargain shopping. There are websites that give you a sneak peek at who will have what deals that start up a month or so before the day.

Unheard of deals - we got a 42" LCD TV for under $300, a 92-piece flatware set for under $30 (retail day before BF was $150), 1000 thread count sheet set for $19.99, etc. And you can always get great electronics deals - even if unadvertized.
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote